Jump to content

Newbie's Guide To Surviving The Cornering Forum


Recommended Posts

Hello all, new to CSS, but not motorcycles. 2020 marks 50 years since my first bike. I'm looking forward to taking my first ever, on track, motorcycle class sometime this spring.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ha, 27 in a 60 year old body...I don't think I made it past about 18 in my emotional development...that or I've been in my mid-life crisis for about 30 years  CF

Hi gang! I'm Roberts, a 27 year old enthusiast trapped in a 60 year old body. It's not my fault. I blame it on time. with 40+ years of street and off-road riding, I was not surprised to find

Newbie's guide to surviving the Cornering Forum! WELCOME...You may have just started riding, or may be a veteran with years of experience under your belt. In any case, if you are reading this, ch

Posted Images

Good for you!  You'll greatly enjoy it. The CSS team and their training are outstanding. And as someone who started track riding in his late fifties, it is "never too late to teach an old dog new tricks" as they say. 

Dave

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

Hello from the Great PNW!  I am excited to join the forum.  I have to admit, I have been lurking for awhile.  I've followed California Superbike School since it started.  I wrenched on bikes for about 7 years in two different shops then due to the area I was from falling on financial hard times I joined the U.S. Navy.  I put in 24 years doing that, followed by my current work in the Department of Defense (Navy).  Getting ready to retire from "steady" work and put more time in doing the things i want to, not have to.  I've kept riding throughout.  I rode Kawasaki's for awhile having a 1973 Z1 during Eddie Lawsons reign.  Shifted to Yamaha's in 1985.  I currently ride a 1987 FZR 1000 that i bought new in January 1988.  It's been modified a little, so I can run modern rubber.  I've been looking at the new BMW S1000RRs for awhile.  Even took one on a test ride.  I'm looking forward to learning more about the bikes on track in July at The Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton, WA.  Looking forward to meeting some of you I've come to know a little bit about through the forum.  Happy 4th of July!  Jim

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jim,

Please come and say hello when you get there, first thing in the morning.  We'll chat for a few minutes, and I'll take a look at the coach assignments for the day.  

Best,

Cobie

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Cobie.  I will.  I have ridden PIR, Seattle Raceway, and the Ridge.  I'm looking forward to whoever, whatever assignments you decide.  Looking forward to meeting you.

Jim

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Motorbiker said:

Thanks Cobie.  I will.  I have ridden PIR, Seattle Raceway, and the Ridge.  I'm looking forward to whoever, whatever assignments you decide.  Looking forward to meeting you.

Jim

 

Didn’t know which day(s) you are/were here but I’ll be on the lookout too if not yesterday

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished up the July 2020 two day camp at The Ridge.  (Levels 1 and 2).  I had a great time and learned some new things too.  Thank you to the entire staff, without your hard work it wouldn't be the success it has become.  Particular thanks to Chris as my on track coach.  I look forward to riding with the school again.  Jim

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone.   I am new to the forum and about to attend my first of hopefully many CSB classes this coming Tuesday, August 4 at VIR.  Excited to be here and to learn as much as I can!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2020 at 9:43 PM, Motorbiker said:

Just finished up the July 2020 two day camp at The Ridge.  (Levels 1 and 2).  I had a great time and learned some new things too.  Thank you to the entire staff, without your hard work it wouldn't be the success it has become.  Particular thanks to Chris as my on track coach.  I look forward to riding with the school again.  Jim

You mean Charis ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2020 at 9:40 AM, DJ_ATL said:

Hi everyone.   I am new to the forum and about to attend my first of hopefully many CSB classes this coming Tuesday, August 4 at VIR.  Excited to be here and to learn as much as I can!

Hi DJ,

Great!  Come say hello in the am, very nice to meet some forum members at the track :).

 

Best,

Cobie

Link to post
Share on other sites

👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello All,

I am new to the forum, but not entirely new to CSS. I bought my first street bike in 2017 (GSXS 750Z), and quickly decided that I only wanted to ride where I could safely experience speed and turns without worrying about traffic, tickets, or insurance rates. I switched to track-only riding and was lucky enough to cornerwork for CSS at The Ridge in 2018. After that, I jumped at the opportunity to cornerwork in 2019 and again this year, 2020. I have read Keith's books 'Soft Science,' 'TOTW,' and am finishing up my second read of 'TOTW II.' This material has helped me with my riding this season and I am excited to be taking the level 1 class in August!

Jantzen

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I mean Charis.  Since I got it wrong, guess I'll just have to come back in August for Level 3 to see if I can get it right!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2020 at 4:37 PM, Jantzen said:

Hello All,

I am new to the forum, but not entirely new to CSS. I bought my first street bike in 2017 (GSXS 750Z), and quickly decided that I only wanted to ride where I could safely experience speed and turns without worrying about traffic, tickets, or insurance rates. I switched to track-only riding and was lucky enough to cornerwork for CSS at The Ridge in 2018. After that, I jumped at the opportunity to cornerwork in 2019 and again this year, 2020. I have read Keith's books 'Soft Science,' 'TOTW,' and am finishing up my second read of 'TOTW II.' This material has helped me with my riding this season and I am excited to be taking the level 1 class in August!

Jantzen

Awesome! Welcome and have a great time at your school! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...