Checking In From San Diego!

Hi I'm Heath,

I figured that I would start reading posts and learning about this site, then I stumbled on this forum for newbies, so here i am. I am living in San Diego. New to the site obviously, and have never been to the track as of yet... I am however going (hopefully if I am not deployed again) at the end of April. I have been riding on the street for about 12 years off and on, and I am looking to better my skills and get a piece of this 'track thing' that everyone keeps talking about. I am very passionate about riding and cant go a day without thinking about it much less doing it. I try to improve upon skills that I have learned, self taught (not the best method) or read about. I currently ride an 08' MV Agusta 910 Brutale (what a blast to ride), and plan on taking it to the track; so if anyone has any tips for track prep please pass on the informaition, I could use it.

Thanks for listening to my babble!!

'Lucky'

Hi Lucky,

Great to have you on the site. The "track thing" IS as good as everyone says, probably even better on a Brutale. ;) Track prep for the school is easy. Just show up with good tires and we'll take care of the rest.

If your riding with a regular track day company, most require you to prep your own bike. That usually consists of the mirrors being removed and all the

glass / plastic lenses taped up. Easy stuff.

Hope to see you there,

JR

Hi Lucky,

Great to have you on the site. The "track thing" IS as good as everyone says, probably even better on a Brutale. ;) Track prep for the school is easy. Just show up with good tires and we'll take care of the rest.

If your riding with a regular track day company, most require you to prep your own bike. That usually consists of the mirrors being removed and all the glass / plastic lenses taped up. Easy stuff.

Hope to see you there,

JR

2big,

Sounds like you know the drill. You a coach?

Paul

Yes, James "JR" Brown. I should prolly, one of these days, change my log on signature.

Are you racing at Willow? Or track days? What kind of times are you doing?

Yes, I raced a year in novice and a year in expert, but I took last year ('07) off after a couple of guys died in races (Sept '06 and April '07). Freaked me out a bit, and I've been doing track days and WSMC practices since. My best was a 1:31, but I'd bet I'm faster now. I'm going to "Streets" on April 27. Maybe I'll see you there?

Paul

Hi I'm Heath,

I figured that I would start reading posts and learning about this site, then I stumbled on this forum for newbies, so here i am. I am living in San Diego. New to the site obviously, and have never been to the track as of yet... I am however going (hopefully if I am not deployed again) at the end of April. I have been riding on the street for about 12 years off and on, and I am looking to better my skills and get a piece of this 'track thing' that everyone keeps talking about. I am very passionate about riding and cant go a day without thinking about it much less doing it. I try to improve upon skills that I have learned, self taught (not the best method) or read about. I currently ride an 08' MV Agusta 910 Brutale (what a blast to ride), and plan on taking it to the track; so if anyone has any tips for track prep please pass on the informaition, I could use it.

Thanks for listening to my babble!!

'Lucky'

Hi Lucky,

Glad to see you up here, and welcome. Not all track days are created equal, best to check them out and find a good one to start, or if you can get to one of the schools, that's a nice way into it. If you have any questions, let us know, don't want to just spit out some stuff you already are familiar with.

Best,

Cobie

Hi Lucky,

If your riding with a regular track day company, most require you to prep your own bike. That usually consists of the mirrors being removed and all the

Hope to see you there,

JR

Hi Lucky,

Hope to see you there,

JR

Thanks for the tips and the welcome.. I really hope that I can make it at the end of this month. A friend of mine is supposed to be setting things up for us while I am in NV but still not sure yet... I just may have to play it by ear. Thanks guys, and I am sure you will be seeing me in the me in the very near future.

I have been riding on the street for about 12 years off and on,

Well, sheesh, I'm glad you took a little time off to eat and sleep. :)

Paul

Only a little time.. lol