Looking For Suggested Suspension Set-up For Zx-6rr

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this helps, but in Sport Rider (August 2004) they used the following damping set-up:

FRONT:

Rebound Damping ? (minimum) 11 clicks out from full stiff

Compression Damping ? (minimum) 17 clicks out from full stiff

REAR:

Rebound Damping ? 10 clicks out from full stiff

Compression Damping ? (minimum) 23 clicks out from full stiff

I believe Sport Rider sets the sag at 35mm front and rear.

I think Road Racing World usually sets the sag at 35mm front and 25mm rear. But, I couldn?t find the damping set-up for a 2004 ZX-6RR.

hey there

if you read the post http://www.superbikeschool.com/bbs/index.p...ct=ST&f=3&t=222 , you will see the characteristics of the kawasaki you are trying to set up. The numbers in the Sport Rider article are a good baseline to start with. Don't forget that with the stock suspension on that bike, you aren't going to get perfection .... just be careful. Don't be afraid to try different settings as you ride. With the stock fork springs being too soft, you may need to add compression. There is no real work around with the rebound valving in that shock. I think it will be useful for you to read the tuning guide at our site just to get you feeling more comfortable with adjustments.