Counter Steering, Hanging Off.

Hello,

When I enter a corner, I'm already hanging off the bike for good preparation, but when in the corner IE a right hander, I find the right hand bar too close to push away properly to add more countersteer. Is this normal, or might my position be wrong?

:unsure:

If your saying it's awkward to push on the bar midcorner. It probably shouldn't feel right as the best way to corner is with only one steering input at the designated turnpoint. For me though I found that while getting ready for the corner by hanging off I also played with my hand positioning for that initial bar input to feel more comfortable.

I find the right hand bar too close to push away properly to add more countersteer.

It sounds like you're rotating your body to hang off. That is, you're sitting up, right against the gas tank, and your chest is facing away from the turn.

To get an idea of what I'm talking about look at Norick Abe, a 500GP rider in these photos:

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s180/st14800.php

http://www.norickabe.com/photogallery/005/...ges/ph00513.jpg

http://www.motorradrennen.com/racing_Textl...r/Abe_01_96.htm

Then find some photos of Valentino Rossi, Sete Gibernau, Max Biaggi, Nicky Hayden, Tommy Hayden, or Frankie Chili and look how they're inline with the bike.

Basically, stay inline and go with the bike.

Hope that helps

Guest Viper

Are you guys trying to say that what was shown at Abe's photos ("pointing" or "sliding" into the turn with the inside shoulder) is incorrect? And instead I should be rotating chest so my bosy's front would "look" where eyes look?

In a word, yes.

Especially if the shoulder pointing is being done to such a degree that it is causing the rider problems with controlling the bike. Of course I'm only speculating that this is 148bhp's problem.

By the way, what does "bosy" mean? Body?

In a word, yes.

Especially if the shoulder pointing is being done to such a degree that it is causing the rider problems with controlling the bike. Of course I'm only speculating that this is 148bhp's problem.

By the way, what does "bosy" mean? Body?

Yes, it means "body"... sorry about the typo...

And thanks for clarification - up until now i was 100% sure that this "shoulder pointing" was absolutely the right thing to do for proper body positioning and as much important as looking at the exit of the turn... now i will have to totally change it :(((((((((((((((((((((((