Set-up At School

Will there be anyone to help with suspension set-up at the level 1 class? I signed up for the suspension workshop in January but my bike got a flat the week before so that was a loss of $20 and very valuable information. :(

you best bet is to have your suspension reasonably well set up before you come to the school. there are a lot of other things you will be working on, and suspension concerns (at least as far as twiddling knobs and dials) will only distract you from the learning.

there are many good articles on the net that can help you get a baseline on your settings before the school date. just do a search for "motorcycle suspension settings" and you should find a few different articles that tell you how to set the static sag and explain all the other settings. if you have a common motorcycle, you can often find other riders on a (kaw 636) messageboard and get some feedback from others with suspension like yours who weigh about the same, and are at your level on the track, who can give you a good start.

set your sag front and rear (get a couple of friends to help), and set your front and rear at the baseline settings, and you should be good to go.

if you are even close on the suspension, you shouldn't have to worry about it during the school, and can spend your $10 on the drills, rather than thinking about preload and rebound.

Will there be anyone to help with suspension set-up at the level 1 class? I signed up for the suspension workshop in January but my bike got a flat the week before so that was a loss of $20 and very valuable information. :(

I do work on the student bikes when I have time before schools, and sometimes during the day. I am avalible for questions anytime and can get you to a baseline set-up quickly. Sag is the most time consuming part so if you can do that before you come it will be better.

Will