How Much Riding Experience Before Taking Level 1?

Guest Chris Hansen

Guest Chris Hansen

Okay...

I just started riding my motorcycle (2000 Sv650) and with only about 750 miles under my belt, I am looking long term and would like to eventually run at the track. When I started riding I took the MSF BRC course and passed, now I am going to take the ERC probably at the end of the summer, but at what experience level can I walk into a Kieth Code school and walk away with the most satisfying experience? The locations that are in my area have already had there Kieth Code days come and gone for this year...

I believe what they said was, and I could be wrong, you should be able to operate the throttle, brakes, clutch, shifter... basically the entire motorcycle like it was second nature. You don't want to be thinking about how to shift and what gear to shift to or essentially anything a new rider may be going through while learning to operate a bike.

Guest Guest

given that all of my experience has happened (for the most part) in city traffic, operating the motorcycle isn't a problem, it's confidence in the lean...