Hi Everyone, I've just completed L1 & 2 at Silverstone in the UK on Monday and Tuesday earlier in the week.

I really enjoyed it and learned more about cornering in 2 days than in the 35 years previous riding. Highly recommended, but you all know that. I will be doing L3 & 4 next.

I don't have any immediate questions, still trying to soak it all in and put it all into practice.

If anyone I spoke to on the days has also joined this forum please feel free to PM me, my name is Russ and rode a Blue 09 R1.

Look forward to using this forum.

Hi Everyone, I've just completed L1 & 2 at Silverstone in the UK on Monday and Tuesday earlier in the week.

I really enjoyed it and learned more about cornering in 2 days than in the 35 years previous riding. Highly recommended, but you all know that. I will be doing L3 & 4 next.

I don't have any immediate questions, still trying to soak it all in and put it all into practice.

If anyone I spoke to on the days has also joined this forum please feel free to PM me, my name is Russ and rode a Blue 09 R1.

Hi Black Flag and welcome to the forum.

I think i met you on the Monday on L1. Was it you i was talking to and you recomended me a route back to the A1???

Chris.

Hi Chris, I think we may have spoke yes. Coming from up north originally before i moved 'darn sarf', I most likely gave directions to A1. What bike did you have? Did you do L2 also?

Hi Black Flag,

Good to see a familiar er 'face' on the forum. I'm Darren the guy on the Silver SV that did level 1 & 2 with you.

What a blinding couple of days, my girlfriend is already bored to tears with hearing about it! LOL

L3 & 4 are definitely on the 'to do' list!

Take it easy Russ and remember the 6 foot rule biggrin.gif

Hi Darren, thanks for the reply and great to hear from you, I enjoyed your company and you had one of the best lines through the last turn of anyone i saw all day.

I'll be booking on level 3 in August at Silverstone.

Take care and ride safe.

BF

PS. The the 6 foot rule did grab my attention like using "no brakes" during the drillsmile.gif

I enjoyed your company and you had one of the best lines through the last turn of anyone i saw all day.

What about my line and my big darkies from the R1.. LOL...

Seriously though guys, really glad you had a great time, was nice to meet you, see everyone improve so much, and for my personal enjoyment of working with you chris, was a pleasure mate.

Keep working on your drills guys, and of course, if you have any questions, just ask. wink.gif

Bullet

I enjoyed your company and you had one of the best lines through the last turn of anyone i saw all day.

Well the instructors aside smile.gif. Y'all just seamed to go where you liked and make it look fast and easy!

I do have a question though.

In 2 corners that string together, where the second starts and changes direction as the first ends (like the 'S' bends before the last corner at stow), what's the best throttle control technique at the transition between the two?

Russ

I do have a question though.

In 2 corners that string together, where the second starts and changes direction as the first ends (like the 'S' bends before the last corner at stow), what's the best throttle control technique at the transition between the two?

Russ

The same rules apply. As this sequence of corners doesn't actually need any brakes in most cases you just need to roll out of the throttle, turn and apply the rule.

Bullet

The same rules apply. As this sequence of corners doesn't actually need any brakes in most cases you just need to roll out of the throttle, turn and apply the rule.

Bullet

Thanks Bullet, I appreciate the advice.

Hi Chris, I think we may have spoke yes. Coming from up north originally before i moved 'darn sarf', I most likely gave directions to A1. What bike did you have? Did you do L2 also?

Hi Russ, i was on a blue cbr600rr in the yellow group.

I didn't do L2 on the tues. Im signed up for L2 in July smile.gif ( plenty of time to practice the L1 drills)

How did your Level 2 go??

Chris.

How did your Level 2 go??

Chris.

You will love level 2, I found it compliments L1 really well, allowing to you exploit what you did in L1 further. I just signed up for L3 on the 16th July. Might see you there?

Russ