Hello From Virginia

Hi All,

My name is Chris, a.k.a. Gonzo, and I have been riding for 18 years, all street, not even a track day, on both a '77 Honda CB750F2 and '78 CB750K8. I came to the forum because I intend to attend the May sessions at VIR and this forum is probably the quickest, easiest way to get my questions answered. I am awaiting delivery of my first modern bike, a Thunder Grey S1000RR, and I want an education for both street and track days so I don't kill myself or others!

Good to be here,

Gonzo

Hi mate,

welcome to the school forum, great to have a new recruit. Nice bike the S1000RR, a real missile with manners, a very fine choice indeed.

Hope you'll stick around, post some questions and see if you can improve your knowledge.

Bullet

Hello! Leave it in "rain mode." It's still got tons of power, particularly coming from your older 750's. The brakes are tremendous; take your sweet time getting used to them. Remember to relax; that's one issue I have to work on everytime I ride. The relaxation is about having dropped elbows, though I do apply pressure to the tank with my knees quite a bit. I have a Triumph Sprint ST, with updated suspension. It's a fine bike, and is more capable than I am at this time. The BMW is superb; a whole different level of performance. I opened one up on the straight at VIR and it just hurled me down the track-this was in "rain mode." You would have done fine going to a modern 600, and gained power and capability, but the BMW gives you some nice flexibility that they don't have.