Why I Hate The Hip Flick.

BECAUSE I'M FLIPPIN' SORE!!! I learned it a couple of weeks ago during Level 3 and had the chance to actually ride without commuting this morning. I went to South Mountain, a turn-turn-turn-turn road. I was flicking the bike and my hips and when I got home my quads, hamstrings and back were sore as hell. I'm going to go take a hot bath in a bit in hopes my soreness will wane. If anyone asks from now on what they should be training muscle-wise for riding, I'm going to add legs to the list.

BECAUSE I'M FLIPPIN' SORE!!! I learned it a couple of weeks ago during Level 3 and had the chance to actually ride without commuting this morning. I went to South Mountain, a turn-turn-turn-turn road. I was flicking the bike and my hips and when I got home my quads, hamstrings and back were sore as hell.

Ouch. I bet you had fun though :)

If anyone asks from now on what they should be training muscle-wise for riding, I'm going to add legs to the list...

Yeah, and hip flexors for sure...

BECAUSE I'M FLIPPIN' SORE!!! I learned it a couple of weeks ago during Level 3 and had the chance to actually ride without commuting this morning. I went to South Mountain, a turn-turn-turn-turn road. I was flicking the bike and my hips and when I got home my quads, hamstrings and back were sore as hell.

Ouch. I bet you had fun though :)

That I did sir. That I did.

BECAUSE I'M FLIPPIN' SORE!!! I learned it a couple of weeks ago during Level 3 and had the chance to actually ride without commuting this morning. I went to South Mountain, a turn-turn-turn-turn road. I was flicking the bike and my hips and when I got home my quads, hamstrings and back were sore as hell. I'm going to go take a hot bath in a bit in hopes my soreness will wane. If anyone asks from now on what they should be training muscle-wise for riding, I'm going to add legs to the list.

J-Zee;

I tried to locate an OTT video clip I saw this winter (no luck) where Elana Myers was working out in preparation for this season and I was impressed by this one exercise. She had placed an Olympic bar and what looked like a pair of 25's on her shoulders and was doing squats holding a basketball sized ball between her knees. Kind of like Stuman's Thighmaster exercise but on steroids.

Rain

J-Zee;

I tried to locate an OTT video clip I saw this winter (no luck) where Elana Myers was working out in preparation for this season and I was impressed by this one exercise. She had placed an Olympic bar and what looked like a pair of 25's on her shoulders and was doing squats holding a basketball sized ball between her knees. Kind of like Stuman's Thighmaster exercise but on steroids.

Rain

Thanks Kevin. I'll look for it. At least do something similar.

J-Zee;

Rain

It and lots of other stuff is related to Plyometrics I believe.

Archived