While procrastinating at work, I found myself staring at a picture of Casey Stoner executing a turn with an almost unbelievable amount of lean angle. It made me wonder if he could pull off that same amount of lean using a set of Q2s. I've never ridden on slicks before so I was wondering how much difference they make. Does it increase maximum lean angle or does it just grip more at any given lean angle?

While procrastinating at work, I found myself staring at a picture of Casey Stoner executing a turn with an almost unbelievable amount of lean angle. It made me wonder if he could pull off that same amount of lean using a set of Q2s. I've never ridden on slicks before so I was wondering how much difference they make. Does it increase maximum lean angle or does it just grip more at any given lean angle?

Are you currently exceeding the limits of your Q2?

Definitely not. I'm almost certain I'm not exceeding anything on the bike. wink.gif

Definitely not. I'm almost certain I'm not exceeding anything on the bike. wink.gif

No need to change. You wont get 10 seconds faster lap time by changing to slicks. Better to keep the Q2 and spend some time on the track. When you start to push the Q2 to the limit, or are within 5-10 sec of the track record, then change to race tires.

Archived