Road Trip

A couple buddies and I are thinking about a road trip next year and thinking about visiting a track and attending the school.

We're in NY and if we do a Calif. track we'll probably fly into Vegas and drive the rest of the way.

I'm looking for some suggestions on the best tracks, in areas that are good to spend a couple of days unwinding after the class.

They do have a track in Vegas, but they only seem to do 2 day camp's there, at least this past year anyway. Streets of Willow is considered the best "Training Track" on the schedule by most people but the options for unwinding after class are pretty slim unless you drive back into LA.

Is there a particular track on your "bucket list" ? I know being able to say you've dropped into the corkscrew at Laguna Seca has a certain appeal to a lot of riders.

You might consider NOLA. The track is great and the French Quarter is roughly 30 minutes away. One downside to the track is it's totally flat so if you want elevation changes you'd best look elsewhere.

Barber also is a great track, and it has some fun elevation changes if that's your interest. Birmingham is roughly 15 minutes away, although I don't know first-hand about what they have to offer.

I loved laguna seca when we did it. Las Vegas is a great track too, but very featureless and not in the same league as LS. Vegas is still a great track to learn on, but I would look elsewhere of you want the once in a lifetime experience or bucket lists factor.