Anybody From Nyc?

Living in NYC can have many challenges for bikers. I am interested in track days and maybe racing at some point. Would like to connect for information on parking, van sharing, bike shipping, track days logistic, etc.

Ryders Alley in NYC is worth investigating. When I lived up North I used to see these guys at a lot of track days. They weren't around when I lived in NYC so I can't tell you anything more about them. You may also want to check out the NESBA, Absolute, and TPM forums for contacts.

Good Luck

Spaghetti,

I'm not living in that area but I can tell you there is a great track facility not too far away in Millville, NJ called the New Jersey Motorsports Park (http://www.njmp.com/). CSS does a couple of schools there each year & it has two excellent road courses. I didn't see any forum on their website after a cursory look but if you can find one it may be helpful to find some more specific info for your local area. If you do an internet search for race tracks or motorsports parks you may find a few other good tracks in your neck of the woods. I know they exist and one or two may have good forums associated with them. Another good source of info is Roadracing World magazine's annual Track Day issue. The new one should be out in a couple of months and the old one should still be available at http://www.roadracingworld.com. Further searching on this forum should give you some great info too.

Benny

There are several track day organizations that run at NJMP about 2.5 hours from NYC, and also at New York Safety Track, located near Oneonta, about 4 hours from NYC. I've ridden NJMP a few times with Absolute Cycle Experience and like them. Like was mentioned, other groups running there include NESBA and Team Pro-Motion. I expect these track day organizations will be at the Bike Show next month at the Javits Center, so it's a good place to get info.

Ryders Alley is a motorcycle-only garage on Ryders Alley in lower Manhattan owned and operated by Demian Neufeld. It's a great facility since your parking fee also includes use of his very well appointed tool selection, you'll get reasonably priced transport to track days, and you'll meet a great riding community.