Racing Levels In Wera

I am looking at a goal of entering wera west in 2007 (I want to take a year to obtain a track bike and track days and of course some of keiths classes) I was looking for a salvaged tlr to race. When someone on the internet told me I couldn't race a 1000 right off the back in wera. I looked at the rulebook and it didn't really make that much sense to me being that they had expert & novice together. Now if I can't race a 1000 that my heart is really set on can I get on a 750 gsxr for my first season or am I limited to a 600 not that there bad 600's are fun and if you know what your doing scary fast! But the power of the 1000 has me hooked I learned how to ride a motorcycle on a 1000 and had my encounters with too much power and not enough road but it has never scared me. I would just like to know because I am starting to look into buying a bike so I can start my track days I don't want to spend all that money get comfortable on a bike and get turned away to get something smaller. If I have to well you gotta do what you gotta do and I will I want to race that 1000 tlr or gsxr doesn't matter really. Another question and probably a dumb one but if you don't know you gotta ask or you never will know is how do you obtain a race license? :blink:

As a wera novice, you can race bikes up to 1000cc twins or 750cc fours.

The application for a wera racing license can be found on their website, www.wera.com specifically, http://www.wera.com/pages/forms.htm and download the First Time Membership form.

For reference, CCS does not have a restriction on novices.

Thankyou gregorman for the reply I think I am going to go with the 750 four so I can get on the 1000 gsxr and save my tlr for the street since so much people love that bike when I go out on it they say it's different then the others I like it because with my yoshi carbon fibers it sounds great. I will look up ccs but wera west has the type of schedule I need since I work a hard job and have children and a wife even though they would love to travel alot especially to see me race it just becomes expensive to haul a race bike supplies and 4 kids. Thanks for everything I'm off to find a 750.

I'am not selling myself short I understand the cornering ability of the 600 I did have a f4i they are awsome and I have been icthing to tear up 600rr the thing is I want to race I feel comfortable on a 1000 you should understand you race a 600 people say I'm nuts for wanting to race a 1000 I tell them your nuts and they would never be able to hang with the 600 class if they can't hang with my butt through tight corners in the street they don't understand the speed a 600 can carry through a corner look at the motogp bikes they couldn't even mess with 6th gear at laguna seca top speed doesn't always matter except for those tracks with a long straight away am I right anyways good looking out but don't get offended I like 600 's I just want to race a 1000 and this is america so I'm going to live my dream just like you living yours I'm not trying to sell 600's short not at all I'm just chasing my interest.

10-4 roger roger. thats why I plan to attend all 4 levels of keiths school next year and have already read totw2 about 10 times front to back d.c. side notes I want to go in ready and not over my head as I said I have a family I want to win but I want to go home to.