Fng To The Track

Hi Ho,

I'm a lifelong motorcyclist but haven't been on a track in about 30 years (I'm 55 years old now). I'm signed up for the 2 day camp at VIR in May and then plan to continue to improve my riding at track days in the mid-Atlantic area. I've been riding a BMW K1600GT over the past couple of years doing multi-day rides to West Virginia and Western NC to multi-week, several thousand mile trips all over the US and Canada.

I'm betting the CSS 2-day camp is going to light the fuse again for track riding so I've just recently jumped on a new S1000RR for my sport bike fix and track day ride. I'm at a loss for words on how much I'm looking forward to the 2 day camp with the goal of programming out those pesky SRs and installing some skills to replace them. I'm interested in riding with pace and more safety margin on both the track and the street.

Wes

Wes,

Welcome to the forum & welcome back to the track. You'll have one of the best experiences of your life at CSS. I wish I could join you at VIR but I won't be back with the school til Barber. I'd definitely like to meet you and share some Pitts flying stories. I used to own an S-1T during a non-flying tour in North Carolina.

Benny

Wes,

Welcome to the forum & welcome back to the track. You'll have one of the best experiences of your life at CSS. I wish I could join you at VIR but I won't be back with the school til Barber. I'd definitely like to meet you and share some Pitts flying stories. I used to own an S-1T during a non-flying tour in North Carolina.

Benny

Thanks Benny. I've set a goal for myself, if all goes well at VIR, to come back for another 2 day camp at Barber next year. I've never been there and would love to see the place from the track perspective.

My Pitts is an '04 S-2C that I've been flying in IAC competition since '04. I've had a few year lay off but I'm back at it in Intermediate this year starting with the Wildwood AcroBlast at the end of May. Love to swap stories some time.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Nice. I've heard good things about the S-2C, especially versus the B. I had an '87 factory S-1T. I was too busy to compete in it but I flew in the '92 Nationals in Sportsman in an S-2A. It was my second contest and was proud to walk away with the small trophy. I'd love to get back into it some day. I think you'll find just as much enjoyment riding on the track as flying competitively. I certainly do. I expect to be at Barber next year too and I'm sure you'll be hooked enough to attend, so I look forward to meeting you then. Barber is spectacular in every way and is my favorite track so far. I'd love to hear what you think of CSS & VIR after you go.

Cheers,

Benny