Seat Height On The R6

I went to the local dealership and sat on a Honda 600rr today (they did not have any Kawasaki r6's on the sales floor.) The Honda lists the exact same seat height (32.3") and is only 1 lb different in weight than the r6. This bike would be my absolute threshold for height (I prefer shorter.) I can tiptoe it, but don't feel very stable--most likely couldn't walk it (dealership guys would have cringed in terror if I tried.)

Does the school happen to have any lower r6 models available to students? Or would I learn any tricks to maneuvering a tall bike as part of the class curriculum? Bringing my own bike isn't an option because of distance from the track locations.

-Celeste

I went to the local dealership and sat on a Honda 600rr today (they did not have any Kawasaki r6's on the sales floor.) The Honda lists the exact same seat height (32.3") and is only 1 lb different in weight than the r6. This bike would be my absolute threshold for height (I prefer shorter.) I can tiptoe it, but don't feel very stable--most likely couldn't walk it (dealership guys would have cringed in terror if I tried.)

Does the school happen to have any lower r6 models available to students? Or would I learn any tricks to maneuvering a tall bike as part of the class curriculum? Bringing my own bike isn't an option because of distance from the track locations.

-Celeste

Just to make sure you've got the brand/model thing right the school uses Kawasaki 636's.

Just to make sure you've got the brand/model thing right the school uses Kawasaki 636's.

Oops, my bad, I reversed the name of the bike in my message. Please change all occurances of "R6" in my post to "6R" (i.e. Ninja ZX 6R) -- that should cause less confusion.

-Celeste

Celeste,

We have a cut down seat for shorter riders. If you are coming out to school and using our bike, let Natalie know that you want a cut down seat on our bike. call her at 800 530 3350.

Keith