Level 1,2,3,4 Or 2 Day School

Guest 2000 R1

Guest 2000 R1

Sorry I'm alittle confused is it best to go for a 2day school or sign up for individual class 1,2,3,4 seminars?

I've been riding for approx. 8yrs, never been on a track, looking to improve on overall performance (all aspects of riding).

Assuming I provide the gear and bike it seems more economical to sign up for the individual seminars then the weekend, am I missing something? What are your restrictions to individual seminars (bike, equipment/gear)?

Sorry I'm alittle confused is it best to go for a 2day school or sign up for individual class 1,2,3,4 seminars?

I've been riding for approx. 8yrs, never been on a track, looking to improve on overall performance (all aspects of riding).

Assuming I provide the gear and bike it seems more economical to sign up for the individual seminars then the weekend, am I missing something? What are your restrictions to individual seminars (bike, equipment/gear)?

I have not attended a 2-day camp. I have though completed all the levels individually. From what I have gathered it seems there is a lower student to instructor ratio in the 2-day camp over the individual sessions. Which lends itself to more individualized instruction. Also with fewer groups I understand that there is some more ontrack time. Again I have not attended one but this is the info that I have gathered. I will say that I came away from every level feeling as though I received a very adequate level of individual instruction and that my riding improved greatly each time out. I'm getting ready to take level 4 again (this time on my home track of Pacific Raceways) on Thursday then in Feb. 07 I will probably do level 4 again as a 2-day camp to prep for next years race season. You pay a little more for a little more with the 2-day but you don't get slighted in my opinion at all in the individual classes.

As a student who has attended all four levels at individual schools and also attended a couple of 2 day camps, the 2 day camp does offer more track time and more video review of your riding but I think xtrmln's commentary is on point as well - the individual School is an excellent learning experience all by itself.

I don't recall if all of the School's off track training bikes are available at the individual Schools; The Lean/Slide bike and the No B.S. bike were at every School I've attended but I'm not sure if the Brake bike is or not. Also, the on board video bike (where you ride with a video recorder mounted on a mast arm behind and over your right shoulder) may only be available at the 2 day camp.

Level III riders are typically videoed at all schools from a chase bike following you which is a great training aid but seeing yourself from the vantage point of the on bike video can be even more telling. Either way, you will learn a lot about cornering a motorcycle.

Kevin

Guest 2000 R1

As a student who has attended all four levels at individual schools and also attended a couple of 2 day camps, the 2 day camp does offer more track time and more video review of your riding but I think xtrmln's commentary is on point as well - the individual School is an excellent learning experience all by itself.

I don't recall if all of the School's off track training bikes are available at the individual Schools; The Lean/Slide bike and the No B.S. bike were at every School I've attended but I'm not sure if the Brake bike is or not. Also, the on board video bike (where you ride with a video recorder mounted on a mast arm behind and over your right shoulder) may only be available at the 2 day camp.

Level III riders are typically videoed at all schools from a chase bike following you which is a great training aid but seeing yourself from the vantage point of the on bike video can be even more telling. Either way, you will learn a lot about cornering a motorcycle.

Kevin

Thanks guys this all seems to be valuable information I appreciate the input.