Weighting The Pegs

Guest Guest_Frisky_*

Guest Guest_Frisky_*

I know most people weight the outside peg when steering the bike into a turn but when you're in the turn at full lean angle it's hard to weight the outside peg. I find most of my weight on the inside peg. Where is generally regarded to be the best place to weight the bike whilst at full lean and hanging off? Is it ok to keep the weight on the inside peg?

I know most people weight the outside peg when steering the bike into a turn but when you're in the turn at full lean angle it's hard to weight the outside peg. I find most of my weight on the inside peg. Where is generally regarded to be the best place to weight the bike whilst at full lean and hanging off? Is it ok to keep the weight on the inside peg?

If you are hanging off and not loading the outside peg, how to you stay on the bike? At full lean, your inside foot has no leverage to keep you on the inside peg.

Kevin

If you are hanging off and not loading the outside peg, how to you stay on the bike? At full lean, your inside foot has no leverage to keep you on the inside peg.

Kevin

Most of my weight seems to be on my inside foot at full lean. I don't seem to be falling off the bike ????

Most of my weight seems to be on my inside foot at full lean. I don't seem to be falling off the bike ????

I would have thought it was the logical point for most of your weight to go anyway since you are in effect 'falling' off the bike and your inside foot is keeping you up?

I think my outer leg is holding me up on the tank so I don't think i can get all my weight on that peg.

I am assuming that the inside leg holds you up on the bike whereas pushing down on the outside peg would push you off the bike????

Guys

Check this out...Keith has recently posted a much more detailed response in the "Cornering" section of this forum.

http://forums.superbikeschool.com/index.php?showtopic=714

Kevin

Ok thanks, I just read that. So it seems the main thing is just to keep your weight off the bars and it doesn't really matter where you weight is or how you hold on but as long as you're not strangling the grips?