Tire Service @ Streets Of Willows 3/7 & 8?

Guest Aaron

Guest Aaron

I've got a set of Diablo Corsa's on my 748 which I'm bringing to SoW's. Rear tire probably doesn't have two days worth of track time left on it. I've got a really good deal on Dunlop Qualifiers from a friend, so I'm wondering if there will be someone at the track who can put the rubber on if/when it's time the Corsa's are done. If not, I'll have to get the tires changed before I come down from San Jose.

Thanks,

Aaron

I've got a set of Diablo Corsa's on my 748 which I'm bringing to SoW's. Rear tire probably doesn't have two days worth of track time left on it. I've got a really good deal on Dunlop Qualifiers from a friend, so I'm wondering if there will be someone at the track who can put the rubber on if/when it's time the Corsa's are done. If not, I'll have to get the tires changed before I come down from San Jose.

Thanks,

Aaron

Aaron,

If you really think that you only have two days left on them, why wait until they "are done"?

From my memory The Streets is a pretty technical track, one where I wouldn't want to be wondering if my tires were going to hold in the Bowl or trailing it into 2.

I have found that each time I have crashed, it cost alot more money than the price of new tires by a healthy margin...and that doesn't factor in the times I have also gotten hurt.

Kevin

Guest Aaron

Kevin,

a) The Diablo Corsas are fine right now. Front has plenty of tread, rear less so. I've never ridden SoW and I hear that a good part of the first day will be w/o breaks, so they may last just fine... espeically on a 750cc twin which doesn't chew up rears as quick as other bikes. But honestly, I don't know for sure they'll last so I'm trying to plan ahead.

B) I've never ridden Dunlops before, not sure if I'll like them. The Diablo Corsas is a well known quantity that I trust

c) Yes, dropping the bike can be expensive and I'm not looking to pushing it, but there's no point wasting money on new tires when what I have are perfectly fine.

Honestly, if I was going to any other two day track day, I'd run the 1st day with the Corsas and bring along the Qualifiers just in case I need them for the 2nd.

-Aaron