Body Position And Weighting The Pegs

qzrlsd

Hi,

I've been trying to practice getting my body into the correct position for a turn. From what I have read I should shift my weight to the inside of the turn and lock into the tank with my outside knee. I really struggle with this! Unless I'm wrong I thought most my weight should be on the outside peg. But this feels really wrong and I find I have some weight on the inside. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? or do I just need to wait for level 4 :) I've done CSS level 1 and will do level 2 next year. But this is really bugging me!

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Hi,

I've been trying to practice getting my body into the correct position for a turn. From what I have read I should shift my weight to the inside of the turn and lock into the tank with my outside knee. I really struggle with this! Unless I'm wrong I thought most my weight should be on the outside peg. But this feels really wrong and I find I have some weight on the inside. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? or do I just need to wait for level 4 :) I've done CSS level 1 and will do level 2 next year. But this is really bugging me!

Any pointers would be appreciated.

qzrlsd;

Body position is covered in Level III and from my experience what the School teaches in Level III was/is something that I couldn't translate from reading a book or a post on a web site. You will be put on a stationary bike in the paddock and Keith will show you how to set yourself on the bike, how to move from side to side and how much you should hang off. Others may respond to your question by trying to "teach" you how to do it but for me, I needed someone to "show" me how its done. The beauty of Level III is that you will be shown how to set youself on a stationary bike, then you go out and practice on the track and the kicker is, you get video taped so you can come back and get critiqued by a senior coach while watching yourself corner the bike.

Kevin