6 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Rod

Johnny Rod

Cornering Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

Anyone else going on the day? I want to get a track day in before and after (to get me up to speed and to practice what I've learned), not sure where yet.

#2 monkeyboy

monkeyboy

Squid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

I'm booked into my level 2 that day, did my level 1 on the 6th April and booked my lvl2 up a few days later.

Squeezing track time in beforehand is a great idea, just a shame I can't as i've already looked.

Level 1 really gave me the track bug and at some point i can see myself getting a track bike rather than taking my daytona 675 on track

#3 Johnny Rod

Johnny Rod

Cornering Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

Good stuff mate, look out for the noisy blue SV650. I still have to figure out what sort of Ketih Code picture I'm sticking on my numberplate this time!

#4 khp

khp

Repeat Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, photography, tinkering with computers & software. Learning new stuff.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:21 AM

Johnny, there was a guy who made a $10(?) note with Keith's face on as his number plate when I was at Silverstone South in July 2009 - that wouldn't happen to have been you?

Keith, Dylan, and some other guys were visiting from the US those two days :-)

Kai

#5 Johnny Rod

Johnny Rod

Cornering Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

Yep that was me. For L1 I took the Looney Tunes rings and put Keith's face on it. I think this time I'm taking his head and Warholising it a la Monroe. I was wondering if it was you I'd met that day!

#6 khp

khp

Repeat Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, photography, tinkering with computers & software. Learning new stuff.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

Yep that was me. For L1 I took the Looney Tunes rings and put Keith's face on it. I think this time I'm taking his head and Warholising it a la Monroe. I was wondering if it was you I'd met that day!

Most likely - I did two days on my R6, which was blue at the time. Here's a shoot from the first days (the dry one...).

Attached Files

#7 Johnny Rod

Johnny Rod

Cornering Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Had a great day on Saturday, although it lashed it down all morning, particularly hard mid-morning, standing water all over the track. Ideal for practicing pivot steering on a slow track... or not. Dried up in the afternoon though. Met a young lad called Joe Francis, was tearing it up on a 125 race bike. My knees are a bit stiff now, maybe some stomp grips could help that out. My brain was also fried trying to keep up, but by the end of the day I think I was on the ball. Been there, done that, got mugged for two t-shirts by the nice girl on the merchandise stand when I was only going to get one, oops. Good to see everyone again, pity no Ibbo this time, guess I'll be saving my pennies up again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users