Rockingham School 27 May 2008 Severe Weather Warning

Hi,

I'm trying to find out if there's a number to contact re the UK school at Rockingham tomorrow - I tried the general number listed on the web page but no answer (it is a bank holiday after all).

Problem is there has been a severe weather warning for heavy rain listed on the met office website for the Leicester/Corby area and I'm not sure what the procedure is. Do we just turn up and hope for the best? I guess so as it would be very difficult for the organisers to call the weather situation until tomorrow morning?

If anyone can shed any light, then that would be great.

I just hope that the weather forecast is wrong!

Link below.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...t_warnings.html

Cheers Paul

Well. Was a horrible ride down - poured it down for most of the journey - little fun there.

But arrived to only a light drizzle. Was a brilliant day and really learnt a lot. The wet weather and seeing 2 of the level 4's come off in the first session made everyone in my level 1 group very gentle with the throttle! But as the day went on and we built on the drills, the pace picked up and I have to say I really didn't understand what I was doing to my bike before this course - and I can't say I'm anything like an expert now, but by the last lap on the nearly dried out track I was flying (compared to earlier) and STABLE! Most importantly I completely got rid of the 'chicken strips' on my tyres (as my track instructor Matthew called then).

Superb course and I'm about to book my level 2, for as soon as I can!

sounds like you enjoyed the day, i am going to Rockingham in july and really looking forward to it.

is it a good track?

sounds like you enjoyed the day, i am going to Rockingham in july and really looking forward to it.

is it a good track?

I thought it was a good track, lots of corners and only one straight as such, so good for practising. I was my first time on a track though, so my opinion of a good one is rather limited!

I just booked my level 2 for june 10th, a bit soon really, but there are hardly any places left this year!

Right, it's a beautiful day so I'm off for a ride. :)

is it a good track?

I thought it was a good track, lots of corners and only one straight as such, so good for practising. I was my first time on a track though, so my opinion of a good one is rather limited!

I just booked my level 2 for june 10th, a bit soon really, but there are hardly any places left this year!

Right, it's a beautiful day so I'm off for a ride. :)

Wow the school must have made a good impression on you to have booked level 2 so soon, True though this years places are selling out fast, I`m glad I booked level 1 when I did, let us know how level 2 goes!