Zx6r Question

Well, I finished my 2 day camp a couple of days ago, and there's NO doubt that I'm not the same rider I was earlier this week. There's still a lot more to learn and make into habits, but I now have some "tools" that can be very helpful even on the street.

Anyway, my question: how fast are you going in 4th gear at about 11k rpm on these bikes. Just curious. TIA

Tim

Are you referring to the school bikes?

I have no idea if they are running the stock gearing. I'm sure Willy (Balistic) could tell you if you shoot him a PM or an email.

Yes, school bikes. Just wondering how fast I usuallly ended up "cruising" in the "kink" area. I know I could go faster, but I was using the straight to concentrate on my plan for the upcoming turn 7 and just wondered how fast a comfortable cruise was for me. Most time a stayed at about 11k, a few times I passed 13 briefly.

Without a speedo, it's really impossible to figure unless you know what the final gearing is (sprockets) and what the primary drive ratio and 4th gear ratio is inside the motor. If I recall correctly, running original street gearing, 4th gear on a typical middle weight sportbike is going to be from around 90 mph at the beginning of the powerband (say 9K rpm) to maybe 120 mph near redline. But I'm really guessing here. It's been a long time since I owned a 600 or figured speed in gears for one.