Hello From Tennessee

Hi,I'm an expat Brit living in Tennessee, I've been riding since 1965, with a recent 15 year gap. I was originally trained by the local police and the IAM in England, way back when...Man, things changed in that 15 year lay off. Bikes, tires, and riding gear... I'm now an ATGATT rider, always was, but the amount of gear available when I started out was 3/4 helmet, leather gloves, boots, and a leather jacket... I'm not interested in racing, but I am interested in learning to ride better, and more safely.

Welcome to the forum!

Like you, I'm not too much into racing, but I strive to become a better street rider. I'll be taking level 1 and 2 courses next year. Are you considering taking some CSS classes too? Oh, and check out Twist of the Wrist 1&2 + Soft Science (all by Keith Code) if you haven't read them already. Really good stuff, I've learnt a ton from those books alone :-)

Welcome to the forum!

Like you, I'm not too much into racing, but I strive to become a better street rider. I'll be taking level 1 and 2 courses next year. Are you considering taking some CSS classes too? Oh, and check out Twist of the Wrist 1&2 + Soft Science (all by Keith Code) if you haven't read them already. Really good stuff, I've learnt a ton from those books alone :-)

Right now I'm still 'sussing out' this site. I will be getting Keith's books, as I'm already impressed... :)

Welcome to the forum!

I'm another mainly a road rider with a few trackdays per year and have learned loads since joining the forum! Get the books asap, TOTW2 is my favourite, its like my manual to riding my motorbike. Everytime I go out a run I read a few chapters and then practice them on the road! I have booked some track time next week at my local track here in Scotland and what I'd usually do is go out and go as fast as I can, which to be honest isn't very fast, but this time I'm going to be practicing my level 1 drills!