Css Team Winners

'oorah! what's stoney got to say about it, or is he doin' his talkin' on the track?

:unsure:;):PB)

well fred that again may be the other way around. you should look at the WSMC sit off the Willow site and decide for yourself what I mean.

WOW! you guys sure do a lot of racin' at these events. if i counted correctly, will, you have 11/14 wins! that's awesome!

after doing a psuedo-scientific breakdown of the numbers, you got stoney beat by 5%. i also noticed that in the few races where you two competed in the same class, you beat him. it also appeared that stoney's overall points are padded, relative to yours, due to an extra race entry or two.

i never really liked the overall point system. a guy could enter every race, not win, and conceivably take the points lead. there's no doubt they would be a champion of some sort just by the magnitude of their effort but, winning individual classes while besting the top runner's times in other classes tells me who's gettin' the job done. my 'stats' for 'win factor' show yours to be twice as good as stoney's.

not to diminish stoney's efforts but, you rock!

how long has it been since you were an active(full season) racer?

no need to show me how it's done when you get to pocono, i've been a fan from the git-go.

WOW! you guys sure do a lot of racin' at these events. if i counted correctly, will, you have 11/14 wins! that's awesome!

after doing a psuedo-scientific breakdown of the numbers, you got stoney beat by 5%. i also noticed that in the few races where you two competed in the same class, you beat him. it also appeared that stoney's overall points are padded, relative to yours, due to an extra race entry or two.

i never really liked the overall point system. a guy could enter every race, not win, and conceivably take the points lead. there's no doubt they would be a champion of some sort just by the magnitude of their effort but, winning individual classes while besting the top runner's times in other classes tells me who's gettin' the job done. my 'stats' for 'win factor' show yours to be twice as good as stoney's.

not to diminish stoney's efforts but, you rock!

how long has it been since you were an active(full season) racer?

no need to show me how it's done when you get to pocono, i've been a fan from the git-go.

In the WSMC they only count your best three finishes so the number of races doesn't matter. Stoney is running the premier Class, F-1 and I am not. I don't really expect to be in the points lead too much longer as I am in the 750 classes with the 636 and the entries in 600 and 1000 will pick up and the points and with them will set me back. I have enjoyed this season so far and at least I did make it to the top once. I have never done a full season of racing before, working for the school and racing have never been complementary before.

My focus this year is to win class championships in all five classes I race and as of march I am leading all five though tied in one. It is so hard to not get greedy and race in other classes, but I have resisted the temptation so far and benefited.

As far as teaching the secrets of racing to others, that job is already filled. I am the product of the master not the master myself. The real joy of my racing is showing the benefits of my training to others who want to know how high they could go. Ask Keith, and do what asks.

Will

after doing a psuedo-scientific breakdown of the numbers, you got stoney beat by 5%.

Hi Fred

I did some checking myself after seeing your

5% #. the way I counted it loooks like this

Stoney

15 races with 5 1st, 4 2nds, 1 3rd, 4 4ths, 1 5th.

Will

14 races with 11 1st, 2 2nds, 1 3rd.

How in this world did you come up with a 5% difference?

Will

How in this world did you come up with a 5% difference?

Will

for each of your's and stoney's entries, i took the average number of entrants per race and weighed that against the average of the respective finishes to derive a percentage. dropping decimal points gave you 90% and stoney 85%. prolly totally wrong way of doing it but, like i said, pseudo-... i do think my 'win factor' stat for you and stoney is more relevant when compared to each other. basically, it says you got him beat 100%....generally putting someone between you and him. you win, he places third.

my wife's an accountant and she could put together some real stats. towards the end of last year, she had my competition broken down to place finishes/points overall relative to my finishes/points overall. it was very, very helpful in providing extra levels of stress.:P the final in 750sbk came down to a 1 point difference.

thanks for pointing out the overall point thing...my ignorance is prolly the reason i didn't like it. :D

As far as teaching the secrets of racing to others, that job is already filled.

yeah, i know. i was just hopin' you'd be out on the track burnin' it up for our viewing pleasure. B)