Bmw Has Ruined Me!

murf2222

I was thinking that my recent cornering problems were the after effects of a track day incident long ago, but not now.........

I bought a BMW R1100s to replace my stolen CBR1000rr about a year ago. At first I hated the handling because BMW does not use conventional forks. They have a swing-arm/shock arrangement front-end that is very odd feeling.

They do not dive under braking and compared to a bike with forks, you don't feel the suspension movements hardly at all.

Over time I guess I got used to it. I recently bought another CBR1000rr and NOW can't ride it worth a damn!

I don't trust the front end AT ALL and am overwhelmed by all the movement in the forks! My riding has regressed back to 15 years ago before I discovered counter-steering.

I am actually SCARED leaning the bike over now!

Moral of the story................If anyone ever tells you that once you ride a BMW you'll never want to go back to anything else..................Punch them in the face!

Murf2222