Anti Slip Pads On School Bikes

Guest El-Bandit

Guest El-Bandit

Hi guys,

Just wondering, what are the anti slip pads on the tanks of school bikes called? I stried stomp and I couldn't find them on google.

I think they are great and really makes your knees feel planted into the tank.

If you find a supplier of these could you please PM me? I suddenly realised how much I use "tank friction" at the start of this year when I changed my leathers - the new ones had slippery stretch panels all down the inside of each knee. The first time out I went out into a right-hander, tried to "lock in" but the new leathers offered no grip on the tank at all and I nearly fell off the inside of the bike - very embarrassing!!!

We've searched all over to find something here in the UK but with no luck at all. We've now made some myself from rubber floor matting - just cut them into the shape of our logo and glued them on - they look ok!

We helped Stomp develop the tank grip pads. Mainly it was our mechanic Will Eikenberry and we have them for sale. You can just email the school and they'll send them out. We have them plain and also with a very tastefull school sticker. The tank pads are AWESOME. They cut down on rider fatigue enormously and if you have done our Level III drills, they are the perfect compliment to GREAT body positioning.

I started making some about 5 years ago and bought some material that worked but just let it sit as a project. I'm not in the parts business but Stomp is and these will be an accepted part of riding in a very short time.

The adhesive is good but they can be removed. If you have stock paint I don't believe that it would take the paint off. If you have a repainted surface without proper prep, they might take the paint off when you remove them.

They cost $30.95 SRP we are selling them for $35.00 plus tax and shipping or if you are coming to the school we have them there.

In England, Andy Ibbott, school director is sorting out a delivery line and should have them available shortly.

Best,

Keith

Thanks for the reply Keith. I'll see Andy, I hope, in August for my next CSS level and will have a quick chat to him about these then. As you know we made our own - what I couldn't believe is just how much I missed the contact point when it wasn't there anymore - I didn't realise that I was gripping that much with the inside of my knee!

(Awesome - I'm talking to the guru himself!)

While you're still there - could you please tell me...after a hard weekend's racing, the muscle ache between your shoulder blades...what is that from? Is it just holding onto the bars to tightly? or a mixture of things? I'm sure that I'm not holding on that tightly - or maybe I am?

I only ask as sometimes, on the cool down lap, I have to bend my head forwards to stretch out those muscles in the centre of my shoulder blades - it's like they've cramped up. What causes that? What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...cheers, stuart

ps sorry "el-bandit" for hijacking your thread slightly!

Guest El-Bandit

NO worries Stu#71

Thanks for the info Keith. I did check out the pads you guys were selling back at Laguna Seca but the packaging had specific bike models on them. So I assumed that I could buy these pads online for the specific bikes. Is there a website for Stomp? I tried a google search but I couldn't get anything back.

Hi Guys,

We do indeed have Stomp pads now in the UK and they are flying out the door!

Give me a call or order them online at www.superbikeschool.co.uk

All the best

Andy