Race Fuels

Has anyone had problems with Race Fuel and their fiberglas/carbon fiber tanks? I recently used VP C-12 at NJMP and found a pin hole leak in the side where a repair was made two years ago and also paint failure at the bottom where the fuel pump is installed. Is it that caustic? BTW, I typically drain the tank after every event.

TIA;

Kevin

Yes it is, don't use it. I'm sorry. Let me clarify. I was using oxygenated fuel and left it in a plastic container for storage, big mistake. The recommendation by the fuel guys is to immediately siphon it from your tank after every use and store in the original metal container. That means at the track siphon all fuel, run engine until completely burned out of injectors. I hope i'm not saying something you already know. Anyway, I decided that the fuel was to much of a pain in the butt for me so I quit using it.

Yes it is, don't use it. I'm sorry. Let me clarify. I was using oxygenated fuel and left it in a plastic container for storage, big mistake. The recommendation by the fuel guys is to immediately siphon it from your tank after every use and store in the original metal container. That means at the track siphon all fuel, run engine until completely burned out of injectors. I hope i'm not saying something you already know. Anyway, I decided that the fuel was to much of a pain in the butt for me so I quit using it.

Not running the engine dry may have been my biggest mistake. The fuel pump line running from the pump to the filter is split as well. I will never use that stuff again. Now looking to find a source for carbon fiber repair materials that will be compatible with the tank and with pump gas to reinforce the spot of the pin hole from the inside.

Thanks,

Kevin