Waves In Corners

Hi all. I have a question about cornering. I was out in a right handed turn. I was somewhere in third gear on my gsxr600. I dont remember what happened exactly but the bike was moving up and down like a wave. I was expecting to dump any second. I have a couple of theories as to what happened, as do my friends. I think I was leaned over too much for the speed i was going. I dont really lean off my bike. I lock my outer leg, and put my inner knee outwards, but i dont lift my butt of the seat. I am usually very close to the tank, almost hugging it. My friends think its cause i dont hang off my bike. I've never had this happen before. ANy suggestion? thanks. I am planning on taking this course next year. Just a bit broke right now :(

were you losing and regaining traction or was the suspension just cycling up and down?

what were you doing with the throttle?

what were you doing with the brakes?

were you moving around on the bike?

not that i can give you a perfect answer even with that info, but it would help point you in the right direction,

I did not touch the brakes, i think i was either giving it more throttle or holding it steady. My body position was not changing either. The bike was still moving around the corner, it just felt like i was about to high side any second. I had a similar feeling a couple of years ago, when my foot slipped off the peg on the inside. I'm not sure what the suspension was doing. I'm not sure if this helps, but the bike is on a factory setup. I'm 5'10 and weight 140lbs. my tires are in good condition. the road surface was smooth. any insight would be helpful

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "wave" but perhaps there was something on the road? Personally I don't hang off on the street simply because you may have to change your line suddenly on the street...there is debris, idiot drivers, animals running across the road etc. Hanging off makes you more committed to the turn which may be a great thing on the track but not too wise on the street...plus, there is no need to even hang off at streets speeds.