Even The Basic Stuff Works

I just came back from my first ride after reading "Twist 2." I was playing with accelerating smoothly through the curves and making one smooth drop to my desired lean angle.

The smooth roll on worked GREAT! It was a little scary to let go and just keep with it, but I decided to close one eye, cross my toes and try it. The bike felt much more controlled and I was much calmer going into the curves--even the one that felt too fast (I just let the bike coast a second without chopping the throttle or adding any more). Wonderful.

The one turn idea felt pretty good, but it seemed to me that I still had to make mid-corner adjustments for pot holes, sand, cars and strange combinations of curves--things I couldn't really see from the entrance of the curve. So, even at the posted speed limit on my little 650, the technology worked.

I commute on my bike and like to toss my retired-supermodel-wife on the back for weekend trips. Anything that makes the ride smoother and more relaxed, while making us safer, sounds like a good idea to me.

I just came back from my first ride after reading "Twist 2." I was playing with accelerating smoothly through the curves and making one smooth drop to my desired lean angle.

The smooth roll on worked GREAT! It was a little scary to let go and just keep with it, but I decided to close one eye, cross my toes and try it. The bike felt much more controlled and I was much calmer going into the curves--even the one that felt too fast (I just let the bike coast a second without chopping the throttle or adding any more). Wonderful.

The one turn idea felt pretty good, but it seemed to me that I still had to make mid-corner adjustments for pot holes, sand, cars and strange combinations of curves--things I couldn't really see from the entrance of the curve. So, even at the posted speed limit on my little 650, the technology worked.

I commute on my bike and like to toss my retired-supermodel-wife on the back for weekend trips. Anything that makes the ride smoother and more relaxed, while making us safer, sounds like a good idea to me.

Nice post,

I remember that feeling myself of having read twist 2 and going out and practicing the techniques and being amazed at how much more control I had of my bike!

Keep reading over sections of the book and go out and practice them and let the forum know how your getting on!

Bobby