Hi From Richmond Va

Hi all,

I just discovered the forum after signing up for the level one course at VIR on 5/18. I’m a born again rider, I rode dirt bikes as a kid and through high school and rode sportbikes in college. I’ve been riding again for about a year and I am approaching it in a much more...ah...mature manner than I did in my youth, i.e. I’m looking to learn as much as I can the right way (and at the right pace). I want to get the most from my riding but I also want to stack the deck when it comes to protecting my hide. As with everything, education is the key.

If any of you are going to be at VIR on 5/18 please let me know, I would love to say hi in person.

Ride safe and thanks for contributing to the forum, there is a ton of fantastic information and support on this site.

Regards,

Carey

I'm reading TotW1 now and I have TotW 2 and the dvd of TotW 2 on the way. I'm really looking forward to the practical application of what I'm reading (along with the coaching to really get the most out of it).

Based on what I'm hearing, I'm already considering a two day course for levels 2 and 3 in August. I'm curious if folks think I should wait longer between lessons?

BTW...thanks for the welcome!

I'm reading TotW1 now and I have TotW 2 and the dvd of TotW 2 on the way. I'm really looking forward to the practical application of what I'm reading (along with the coaching to really get the most out of it).

BTW...thanks for the welcome!

I feel the same way, I haven't done the classes yet either but found the book and dvd gave me a lot of information, some I can apply, but some really can't be applied without coaching or on the street...so I'm with ya.

I've passed through Richmond a billion times coming/going from soccer tournaments with my kids, was just there a couple weeks ago, spent a little time near the university. Was a nice area..