Hi, From Uk.

Hi forum members,

been lurking on the site for a while now and its time to introduce myself as i am doing level 1 on 17 may at silverstone.

Im chris, got back into road riding about 4 years ago after a 20 year lay off!!

Currently riding a 05 cbr600rr which i have done a couple of trackdays in the novice group which i really enjoyedsmile.gif

I have read TWOT 1 & 2 and have the new dvd.

Any advice for preparation for School Day appreciated.

Chris.

Get there in plenty of time, relax and enjoy it.

As long as you go with an open mind, pay attention and apply the drills you will have a superb day out.

Got more out of L1 than a years worth of trackdays

Oh and let us all know how you get on

Andy

Hi Progression, thanks for the advice and link.

Yes, i am really open minded to anything that will make me a better rider. Im really hoping i get the EUREKA moment on Level 1.

How did your days go? did you do Level 1 &2 ??

Chris.

Hi forum members,

been lurking on the site for a while now and its time to introduce myself as i am doing level 1 on 17 may at silverstone.

Im chris, got back into road riding about 4 years ago after a 20 year lay off!!

Currently riding a 05 cbr600rr which i have done a couple of trackdays in the novice group which i really enjoyedsmile.gif

I have read TWOT 1 & 2 and have the new dvd.

Any advice for preparation for School Day appreciated.

Chris.

Hi mate,

welcome to the forum. I'll be at Silverstone next week myself, so I'll get to meet you in person then.

Any questions you have, please ask, though I think some of the generic things have been covered already.

Looking forward to it.

Bullet

Hi, and thanks for the welcome Bullet .

I have only have 1 small concern for the school day,

the info-pack i received recommends lowering tyre pressures to 30 - 32 psi for the day. I have my tyres set at the recommended pressures of 42 rear & 36 front ( cbr600rr - pirelli diablo) and this seems to be a big drop in pressures.

Will my tyres be ok at these pressures?

Thanks,

Chris.

the info-pack i received recommends lowering tyre pressures to 30 - 32 psi for the day. I have my tyres set at the recommended pressures of 42 rear & 36 front ( cbr600rr - pirelli diablo) and this seems to be a big drop in pressures.

Thanks,

Chris.

hi chris,

You must consider that your tyres will get worked much, much harder than they ever would on the road and basically you can expect the pressures to rise by around 4-5 psi in the front and more in the rear, thus why we suggest you lower them. don't do ths till you get to school though as these pressures are to low for the road, We have prssure gauges and compressor to do this at the track.. Will it damage your tyres, nope, not at all, its the extra work and loads you put on them that destorys them. you won't destory a set of tyres in 1 day either!

Any other questions, please do ask, if not, see ya Monday.

Bullet

Thanks,

Chris.

hi chris,

You must consider that your tyres will get worked much, much harder than they ever would on the road and basically you can expect the pressures to rise by around 4-5 psi in the front and more in the rear, thus why we suggest you lower them. don't do ths till you get to school though as these pressures are to low for the road, We have prssure gauges and compressor to do this at the track.. Will it damage your tyres, nope, not at all, its the extra work and loads you put on them that destorys them. you won't destory a set of tyres in 1 day either!

Any other questions, please do ask, if not, see ya Monday.

Bullet

Thanks for clarifying the question Bullet. Looks like we should have decent weathersmile.gif. See ya tomorrow!

Chris.