Working On Smooth Lines

After 3 round tips, following my friend, thought I'd set it up a bit and check some smooth-e-ness.

Rolled-off into a couple turns, but all-in-all, I think with some better vision skills it'll get better... wha'cha thin???

http://vimeo.com/17428989

DMJ120.

Have you taken Level I. If you did I think you need to go over the techniques.

From the video, You were very closed to the center lane. In a few occasions you went over it.

I do not think it is a good idea. I've seen people go down when in a turn (leaning) the back tire has gone

when hitting the yellow line. Practice throttle control, turning point, apex, flipping.

Nice road though. Where is it.

Be safe.

The razor.

Of course, there is always this to remind us that we really are slow and boring farts when it comes to road riding - and to prove that white lines offer superior grip to yellow lines tongue.gif

http://www.duc.nu/movies/?v=6903557451901197834

The amazing thing is that they manage to survive long enough to gain the amount of skill they have achieved

Of course, there is always this to remind us that we really are slow and boring farts when it comes to road riding - and to prove that white lines offer superior grip to yellow lines tongue.gif

http://www.duc.nu/mo...557451901197834

The amazing thing is that they manage to survive long enough to gain the amount of skill they have achieved

The question

http://www.duc.nu/mo...557451901197834

The question is how much longer can they survive riding on the road before

things happen. Remind me when I was in my teen's ridig motorcross until it happened.

But I am sure now a lot of people are going to be confident leaning on white lanes when turnigng.

Just a thought.

On a more serious note, if you watch from 17 to 21 minutes in the video, it seems to me that the motard rider is leaning his bike less than those on the race reps, despite the wrong body position. Anybody know how to explain that?

Yes. Why do you think a Goldwing and sportbike differ in lean for a given speed? Would this carry over between the two bikes in the video?

Bullet

The question is how much longer can they survive riding on the road before things happen.

I have to remark, whilst I admire the skill, the place that's all being done is just reckless and I've no doubt someone's got hurt or will do soon doing that on open roads. At 2:30, they nearly hit another car. Frighteningly really.

Bullet

DMJ120.

From the video, You were very closed to the center lane. In a few occasions you went over it.

I do not think it is a good idea. I've seen people go down when in a turn (leaning) the back tire has gone

when hitting the yellow line. Practice throttle control, turning point, apex, flipping.

Be safe.

The razor.

Yes, I have done level 1. I know my throttle control suffered a bit and I was actually trying to go line to line. The road is in Southern California (Sage Rd.), one of a few I just found, and it was during normal working hours - so there was very little traffic. My attempt was geared toward looking and trying to "read" the turns (using how close the DY and white lines appear). I had the idea of experiencing a more sweeping approach, using the whole lane, instead hitting apexes. This may be slightly less than desirable but it did give me a better sense of how much room I really have.

I'm getting pretty good with flicking the bike (still practice the L1 flick drill daily).

That video that Eirik posted is nuts.

DMJ120.

Be safe.

The razor.

Yes, I have done level 1. I know my throttle control suffered a bit and I was actually trying to go line to line. The road is in Southern California (Sage Rd.), one of a few I just found, and it was during normal working hours - so there was very little traffic. My attempt was geared toward looking and trying to "read" the turns (using how close the DY and white lines appear). I had the idea of experiencing a more sweeping approach, using the whole lane, instead hitting apexes. This may be slightly less than desirable but it did give me a better sense of how much room I really have.

I'm getting pretty good with flicking the bike (still practice the L1 flick drill daily).

That video that Eirik posted is nuts.

Just keep practicing. Practice is the key to success. By the way, it is a nice road.

Good luck to you myfriend. Next, Level II.

Happy holidays.

I'd also look into the pick-up drill. You're late getting on the throttle from looking at the speedo (the noise is horrible). Get some black electric tape and cover the mic.

Pick-up drill?? is that similar to the roll-on? Lost the Level 1 sheet of skills :angry::( Thanks for the tape idea! The sound has always been crappy with this goPro, and the only spot I fell comfortable to mount it is on the tank.

Using all of the lane was pretty fun and enlightening to how much road there really is. Shoulda titled this as "sweeping" lines. Although, yes, I know I get on the throttle a bit too late and probably to slow; but for now, I feel more comfortable "playing" with the throttle at the track -- I am fairly timid on the streets.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. Learning, talking, debating and, of course, riding bikes are the de bestest most funnest tingy :lol: