Classes For Mixed Experience Couple

I'm looking for a recommendation on what class level I should take for the April 4th Infineon date.

I'm planning on attending the April 4th date with my girlfriend and we plan on using the school's bikes. We have mixed riding experience:

She's been riding for a year and is ready to step it up with a Level 1 class.

I've been riding for 20+ years, taken Level 1, 2, and 3 classes but it's been 10+years since I took them. I raced in '98 & '99 as an AMA Expert but haven't been on the track since.

Should I start out taking the Level 1 class again or would it make more sense to do a Level 2 or 3 class since I have a decent cornering foundation but feel my skills are rusty?

Cheers,

--Sean

I'm looking for a recommendation on what class level I should take for the April 4th Infineon date.

...Should I start out taking the Level 1 class again or would it make more sense to do a Level 2 or 3 class since I have a decent cornering foundation but feel my skills are rusty?

--Sean

Sean;

We all start at Level I with no exception. As for differing levels of experience it is an issue the School manages seamlessly every day of the week.

Rainman

Sean;

We all start at Level I with no exception. As for differing levels of experience it is an issue the School manages seamlessly every day of the week.

Rainman

Cool....I'm not against taking the Level 1 class again. I'll sign us both up for the Level 1 class.

Thanks Rainman......

-SP

Hi Sean,

I have talked with Keith about this subject, how long to repeat a level, how much time in between? Keith (if I recall correctly) thinks that over 3-5 years and it would be good to start at the beginning (if no schools in between).

This can for sure vary with the person, riding, how much he studies (if at all) between schools.

I had a student that had 3 years+ in between schools, came back and did level 2, and really should have re-done level 1, and didn't recall that info well enough to get the most out of his day.

On another note, if you guys are coming together, let me know if you want the same coach, or a different one--just shoot me an e-mail on that, or pm or whatever!

Best,

Cobie

Hi Sean,

I have talked with Keith about this subject, how long to repeat a level, how much time in between? Keith (if I recall correctly) thinks that over 3-5 years and it would be good to start at the beginning (if no schools in between).

This can for sure vary with the person, riding, how much he studies (if at all) between schools.

I had a student that had 3 years+ in between schools, came back and did level 2, and really should have re-done level 1, and didn't recall that info well enough to get the most out of his day.

On another note, if you guys are coming together, let me know if you want the same coach, or a different one--just shoot me an e-mail on that, or pm or whatever!

Best,

Cobie

Cobie,

I've not set foot on a track since 2000, so it's been 10 years since I've really put the majority of my cornering skills into play. I've ridden extensively the past 10 years but don't use the street as a racetrack, so again, L-1 sounds like the most logical place to start.

Since Sarah and I have different levels of riding experience, do you think having the same coach would benefit each of us on our own skills, or would it be better to have different coaches considering we are at different levels?

--SP

Cobie,

I've not set foot on a track since 2000, so it's been 10 years since I've really put the majority of my cornering skills into play. I've ridden extensively the past 10 years but don't use the street as a racetrack, so again, L-1 sounds like the most logical place to start.

Since Sarah and I have different levels of riding experience, do you think having the same coach would benefit each of us on our own skills, or would it be better to have different coaches considering we are at different levels?

--SP

SP,

Won't matter to the coach, as he will ride with and deal with each individually for the debriefings. Sometimes is better to split couples up, just so one isn't tempted to try and "coach" or interpret what the other is being coached on. Some couples its no problem, they want to do it together. We'll accomodate whatever you like on this!

CF

• 4 weeks later...
SP,

Won't matter to the coach, as he will ride with and deal with each individually for the debriefings. Sometimes is better to split couples up, just so one isn't tempted to try and "coach" or interpret what the other is being coached on. Some couples its no problem, they want to do it together. We'll accomodate whatever you like on this!

CF

Hey Cobie,

Sarah and I are signed up for the 4/4/11 date at Infineon, both in Level 1. If you could, see if it's possible to get us with the same instructor. We've talked about it and think it would be fun to be with the same instructor. I'm not the type to be giving her rider instructions when I'm getting them myself, so I think we'll be fine together. ;)

We are also attending the event with a friend of ours who already has registered from Santa Barbara, Erik Poulsen. If you could place him with the same instructor we'll have, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance for whatever you can do....

--Sean

Sean,

Just to make sure I get it right, shoot me a pm (or e-mail) with your names, first and last. Likely I could figure it out, but if there is more than one Sean or Erik...this will keep the double work down.

They used to call me lazy, now they call me efficient :)

CF

Sean,

Just to make sure I get it right, shoot me a pm (or e-mail) with your names, first and last. Likely I could figure it out, but if there is more than one Sean or Erik...this will keep the double work down.

They used to call me lazy, now they call me efficient :)

CF

PM sent.....so you can be 'efficient'. ;)

--SP

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got it and responded, see you guys at the school!

CF

Cobie,

Just wanted to say "thanks" for putting Sarah and I together with Josh. We had a great day at Infineon and Josh is a great instructor.

We are looking forward to making reservations for the Level 2 and 3 classes later this year.

thanks again....

--SP