Upcoming Laguna Seca Camp

Hey all,

I was hoping maybe we could get a discussion going amongst us Laguna Seca classmates about our upcoming event. I don't know if this will catch on at all or not, but perhaps we could sort out anyone's questions about logistics or local resources.

Where's everyone staying? Who's local and who's on travel for this? Best places for dinner? Beer?

Anyone interested in an end-of-camp outing for some drinks and stories? (I'm going to dodge the alcohol until after day 2 training is safely completed)

So far all I've figured out is that we'll probably stay at the Colton Inn, they seem to have solid reviews and a convenient location.

I'll be flying into Monterey the day before class and heading out the day after..

FOOD MENTIONED SO FAR:

Monterey Fish House on DelMonte

R.G. Burgers on Munras Ave in Monterey

Tarpy's on Rt. 68

The Whole Enchilada in Moss' Landing on Highway 1

Best places for dinner?

Jake;

Monterey Fish House on DelMonte...it is the best kept secret on the Peninsula and only locals know about it. It isn't fancy, it isn't big but the food will amaze you...

Rainman

...and then there's R.G. Burgers on Munras Ave in Monterey. The R.G. stands for Real Good...and that's an understatement.

We're staying at the holiday inn express monterey bay down at del monte. infact, its about 5 minutes walk from the fish house that rainman mentioned.

driving down from san francisco on the monday, driving back on the thursday to fly to vagas for another 2 day camp :D

Well up for some post school beers and food. Do the instructors, corner workers and staff usually have a wee night out afterwards??

Do the instructors, corner workers and staff usually have a wee night out afterwards??

Neil;

Ask Cobie or Pete at the lunch break and then make sure you follow up at the end of the day. I have found that it doesn't happen every night and not at every track but when it does it can be a lot of fun.

BTW; here are a couple of other venues:

• Tarpy's on Rt. 68 about 2 miles south of the track. It's more of a white linen affair but the food is also really good.
  • The Whole Enchilada - this is a sit down Mexican Restaurant with a bar. It is in Moss' Landing on Highway 1 about 15 miles north of the track on Highway 1. If you are driving to Laguna from San Francisco and take Route 1 you will drive right by it either on your way down or back up.

Rainman

Archived