Tire Service At School Locations

I searched up and down not finding an answer for this. Seems like I've seen it before but in any case...here goes!

Is there school associated tire service at school locations like NJMP or VIR?

and...if so, what is the student cost for a set of Q2's? If this question is not suited for public posting, I completely understand.

I also realize there is a tires forum but figured this is a *School Question* so I posted it here. Otherwise, I'd just hit up the Dunlop dude! :P

Any info would be grand.

I searched up and down not finding an answer for this. Seems like I've seen it before but in any case...here goes!

Is there school associated tire service at school locations like NJMP or VIR?

and...if so, what is the student cost for a set of Q2's? If this question is not suited for public posting, I completely understand.

I also realize there is a tires forum but figured this is a *School Question* so I posted it here. Otherwise, I'd just hit up the Dunlop dude! :P

Any info would be grand.

G;

Here's one Cornerworker/Student/Long Time Associate's opinion on your question - which means you need Cobie to give you a straight answer when he's up here next.

You can (and I do) buy Q's or GP's at the Schools including NJMP...Cobie or Will need to update the pricing. I know that they can mount them but it is a catch as catch can process from my working inside with Will at NJMP. Someone can mount them for you once Will's fleet is set and someone is available but if a school bike comes in needing repair they always take precedent. I have never seen Will turn a student away but the student may not get them back until after the track goes green so I wouldn't recommend arriving and needing fresh tires to ride.

Cobie will correct me once they wrap up at Laguna later today or tomorrow.

Rainman

G;

Here's one Cornerworker/Student/Long Time Associate's opinion on your question - which means you need Cobie to give you a straight answer when he's up here next.

You can (and I do) buy Q's or GP's at the Schools including NJMP...Cobie or Will need to update the pricing. I know that they can mount them but it is a catch as catch can process from my working inside with Will at NJMP. Someone can mount them for you once Will's fleet is set and someone is available but if a school bike comes in needing repair they always take precedent. I have never seen Will turn a student away but the student may not get them back until after the track goes green so I wouldn't recommend arriving and needed fresh tires to ride.

Cobie will correct me once they wrap up at Laguna later today or tomorrow.

Rainman

Seems like a completely reasonable response to me. More info than I had before for sure. ;)

I got plenty of time for those poor unfortunate people get back from Salinas. :rolleyes: (ment entirely in jest)

Tire *need* is TBD. I'm quite sure I have a good couple of days on my present set, but beyond that I just don't know.

And, unfortunately I'm in 'ball juggling' mode. Was JUST getting geared up to commit to a couple days at NJMP in May, then was informed I need to go to California at the same time. I just might be back in time to make a track day at Summit Point (wish the school went there) and then the quesionable possiblity of doing a day or two at VIR in Mid-May, followed by TD's early June and July. If I still haven't done CSS I'll hurt someone if I can't make it at NJMP in August. Sooooooo...*when* I need tires is TBD and doing what I can to be informed and ready! :D

To add to Rainman's excellent answer, you could always call the office and tell them which tires you want, and they will make sure to have them set aside for you. (Or you could probably have the office ship tires to you, if you decide you want to mount them before the school.) An advantage to pre-purchasing them through the office is that since the paperwork is already done, you might be able to get the tires and the bike to Will first thing in the morning and leave it with him so he can get to it when he can, that would increase the possibility of getting it done before your first session.

The Q2s are great, and they are a good deal through the school.

• 1 month later...
The Q2s are great, and they are a good deal through the school.

Never did get an answer on this but enough time has passed it no longer matters. Already got some Q2's and a second set on the shelf. ;)

Archived