Headed To 2Day Camp At Willow Or...willow

I'm headed to Willow Springs!!! WOOT! Got my deposit in for June 11/12 and am first in line on the waitlist for April 19/20. If that opens up, I will attend the April session. I'm not quite a newbie as I signed up for this forum a year ago when I was hoping to attend a 2day camp in 2011, but my plans were changed as we welcomed our first little girl last fall. Well a long year of waiting and I'm signed up! I am really excited.

Now for the prep work...mental and physical. Reading/re-reading TOTW2, watched/rewatching DVD, and upping the physical regimen. I would welcome any and all suggestions for what to do to get ready physically for the 2 day camp.

Looking forward to Willow Springs!

Steve

I'm headed to Willow Springs!!! WOOT! Got my deposit in for June 11/12 and am first in line on the waitlist for April 19/20. If that opens up, I will attend the April session. I'm not quite a newbie as I signed up for this forum a year ago when I was hoping to attend a 2day camp in 2011, but my plans were changed as we welcomed our first little girl last fall. Well a long year of waiting and I'm signed up! I am really excited.

Now for the prep work...mental and physical. Reading/re-reading TOTW2, watched/rewatching DVD, and upping the physical regimen. I would welcome any and all suggestions for what to do to get ready physically for the 2 day camp.

Looking forward to Willow Springs!

Steve

Hey Steve,

You are in for a treat! I loved the 2-day camp but I can tell you day 2 showed me where I need to work on my physical training. My adductors (inner thigh muscles) were killing me when I got back. The funny thing was I didn't really notice it until I got back on my bike, apparently my day to day life does not really use those muscles (hence the trouble). In addition to uping the workouts, don't forget to start hydrating several days before the trip, most of us don't do a good job with hydration and 2 days of hard riding can take it out of you.

Good luck with getting into the earlier class. And congratulations on the new addition to the family!

Best,

Carey

Hey Steve,

You are in for a treat! I loved the 2-day camp but I can tell you day 2 showed me where I need to work on my physical training. My adductors (inner thigh muscles) were killing me when I got back. The funny thing was I didn't really notice it until I got back on my bike, apparently my day to day life does not really use those muscles (hence the trouble). In addition to uping the workouts, don't forget to start hydrating several days before the trip, most of us don't do a good job with hydration and 2 days of hard riding can take it out of you.

Good luck with getting into the earlier class. And congratulations on the new addition to the family!

Best,

Carey

Thanks Carey! I've read your reviews of the individual classes and the 2day camp you attended; very informative. I also found a helpful thread on "getting in shape" in this forum and will be looking to incorporate some additional, non-traditional exercises into my routine. I think I shocked my wife when I told her I would do Yoga/Pilates with her :) Anyway, really looking forward to the 2day camp.

Steve

Archived