Gear Requirements?

Guest Jeff

I'm planning on using my own gear when I go to the Streets at Willow Springs. I have leathers, boots, helmet, gloves (short, not the gauntlet style), and a helmet. I've heard that some tracks require a back protector too. Is this true? Does Willow require them? Are there any other minimum gear requirements?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Guest_mpanwar

Back Protector? I asked about this at the recent MSF class. The instructor said it was for off road. Now the reason I asked is because on the freeway 95 South on my way back from NYC (I live in DC) is saw a bunch of riders on Superbikes with back protectors.

So should I wear a back protector on the road? I ride a 250 Ninja.

While we are at it, please on final opinion... I am 5' 4" and tippy a 600. But feel comfortable. Is that ok?

Regards,

• 4 weeks later...

I think a back protector is a good idea on the street as well. It can't hurt to have too much protection. My street jacket has one built in.

While we are at it, please on final opinion... I am 5' 4" and tippy a 600. But feel comfortable. Is that ok?

I'm not sure what you are asking?