The Demise Of Nesba

I don't know if any of you have been following the events surrounding NESBA (an east coast U.S. trackday provider) over the last few weeks but it appears that the dust is settiling.

While I'm not privy to the details of why, the South East Director, John Allen, and one of the Control Riders, Mike Ruhe, have left NESBA started a new track day organization Performance Riding Experience.

Following that it has been announced that a new group is taking over the rest of NESBA. Hopefully the two new organizations will be successful and responsible organizations.

It is a shame to see any riding opportunities go astray, hopefully the organizations will come in seemlessly. I see they are honoring the credits from those who paid NESBA for their pulled events

I have been keeping up with "the trainwreck" myself. I planned on riding with NESBA at Barber later this month. It's truly a shame as I really liked NESBA's philosophy and the concept of their group layout. I never even got a chance to ride with them! What's sad as well is the new org does not have any Barber dates on their calendar. I'm waiting to see what happens and really look forward to hearing feedback from people who have ridden with one of the spin off's. The first event for N2 is at Road Atlanta and I'm almost tempted to sign up.

I planned on riding with NESBA at Barber later this month. It's truly a shame as I really liked NESBA's philosophy and the concept of their group layout.

You might want to check out PRE then. I rode with them (as NESBA south east) at VIR several times and they were well run days. From what I have seen on their forum I believe they will be following the NESBA model. I plan on riding with them (when will depend on their full schedule) so I'll post up how it goes.

its unfortunate. . I had signed up for Mar31 VIR, but since that appears like its not happening with either group, I am trying to get a refund. . They want to give me 1/2 credit which is absurd. . I'll just challenge it on my credit card and get my refund that way. . I don't have anything nice to say about either group since /someone/ has taken off (or trying to) take off with money from previous registrations. . unfortunately both groups are fruits/branches from the same poisoned tree. . .

its unfortunate. . I had signed up for Mar31 VIR, but since that appears like its not happening with either group, I am trying to get a refund. . They want to give me 1/2 credit which is absurd. . I'll just challenge it on my credit card and get my refund that way. . I don't have anything nice to say about either group since /someone/ has taken off (or trying to) take off with money from previous registrations. . unfortunately both groups are fruits/branches from the same poisoned tree. . .

I hate to say this but I agree with you on this. As tempted as I am to sign up for their Road Atlanta date I'm going to wait a few months and see what happens and watch the forums to see if the new group is trustworthy. The new group has a hard road ahead to regain the trust of customers that NESBA is trying to take advantage of.

Speaking of being trustworthy. In the Nesba/N2 forum for their calendar thread I posted a very polite message something of the lines of "No Barber?" and it was deleted. No PM from a moderator or anything. That kind of tells me a lot of what I need to know right there.

Half credit is dissappointing to say the least. Hopefully your credit card will get you a full refund but if not John Allen posted on PRE's forum that they would be honoring NESBA trackdays for people that couldn't get restitution. No details we provided but it would be worth a shot if you can't get you money from a credit card dispute.

Speaking of being trustworthy. In the Nesba/N2 forum for their calendar thread I posted a very polite message something of the lines of "No Barber?" and it was deleted. No PM from a moderator or anything. That kind of tells me a lot of what I need to know right there.

I've heard several people say their posts were deleted without comment or explanation in the few weeks between the trouble being discovered and N2 announcing they were buying NESBA. The lack of communication is not encouraging. I understand that there are confidentiality issues in this type of situation but not saying anything to your customer base is going to make earning their trust very difficult.

Wow. I had completely missed this news. I'll be watching the continuation of this story with great interest since I am anticipating a return to the east coast in the next year or so and had been thinking I'd be doing more track days with NESBA. Apparently it won't be NESBA...

I do know there is/was a fairly strong sentiment among track day junkies when it came to NESBA - a lot of riders loved them and a lot of riders hated them. I started my track day journey with NESBA and had no issue with their system. I did hear one or two stories from riders describing what I agreed seemed a valid complaint but those stories were the exception and not the rule. I do have to wonder if negative feelings among some riders was a contributing factor to the split/downfall.

This news is perhaps even more disconcerting to me when I think about last year and Track Tactics (formerly the main track day group for NOLA) going out of business. Is the motorcycle track day world dying out? Or perhaps is this just a cyclical changing of the guard so to speak? I surely hope it's not the former.

... I am anticipating a return to the east coast in the next year or so ...

...This news is perhaps even more disconcerting to me when I think about last year and Track Tactics (formerly the main track day group for NOLA) going out of business. Is the motorcycle track day world dying out? Or perhaps is this just a cyclical changing of the guard so to speak? I surely hope it's not the former.

Hey Brad - Let us know when you make it back to the east coast. It would be great to see you again. Maybe next time we will get to actually ride together.

And I share your concern about track day organizations. I think these types of recreational organizations suffer from the difficulties of being just that - recreational. Its got to be a difficult business model when much of your support staff (and sometimes even your management) is part-time or volunteer. Add to that razor thin margins and you have a recipie for disaster. That said, NESBA was a long time operator (I believe I read that they had been around for 17 years?). Their end was a bit shocking. Hopefully the two new organizations (N2 Track Days and Performance Riding Experience) successfully fill the void.