Lost My Virginity

Well, I finally did it! I was a little nervous at first which caused me to tighten up so it was a little uncomfortable but, once I loosened up..........Whooowoooooeee! Man what a blast! It didn't last very long though and I was left wanting. I came..... down with a Staph infection in my right knee a couple of days before the event and really should have canceled but, Ya'll know I couldn't do that. No refunds and all. I forgot one very important thing at the house though....My pain medicine!! After two twenty minute sessions it began to rain and never let up. I used that as my excuse for leaving when it was really because my f-ing knee was killing me! I'll load my bike in the van next time too. It sucked riding home in the rain and in excruciating pain! I signed up for the beginner class because I hadn't been on a track before. I passed the whole group twice in 30 or so laps on a 1.7 mile course! I'll do the intermediate class next time which BTW is AUG. 28th @ Texas World Speedway. I don't know maybe I should stay with the beginner class for a little while. If nothing else it's a boost to my ego and it probably helps the less experienced riders. What do you guys think? I almost wiped out on the very first lap. Downhill decreasing radius with a track pitch change right in the middle. Instead of laying it down I stood it up and went through the grass doing about 40 m.p.h.. Whew! I wonder how that helped the less experienced. Don't do it like that!

Congratulations on your day! Sounds like you had fun. If you're lapping the pack, move up into the intermediate group. If you get there and are not comfortable, ask to go back to the beginner group. Any track org around will allow you to move forward/backward in groups for safety. And if they don't, you probably shouldn't be riding with them...

Another piece of advice. If you can't handle bringing it home in a box, don't take it to the track. I watched a guy highside the R1 he rode to the track on about a month ago. The thing was a ball of flames before it landed and subsequently burned into a pile of molten nothing... It was his only vehicle... :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, another good reason to load up in the van. I wouldn't like it one bit but, I could handle it. I've been down a few times already. I just picked up what was left and rebuilt. By the way, that's why I'm faster than my bud's. I'm willing to push it to the edge. Hope I don't fall over the proverbial "Edge" again any time soon though. Soon hell, ever again! It kinda hurts. Hey Jeff, You ever come to Texas? Any of you guys? I'd like to meet ya'll. Maybe ride. A guy on an F4 was at the shop one day and noticed the "Superdave" written on my frame. Turns out he read my story about the lowside. It was wierd but, supercool!

• 4 weeks later...

And bring a friend to load and drive the van home...just in case you can't.