PIR --> Cobie, Dylan

Hi Cobie, Dylan.  Just got done track marshalling the first ever MotoAmerica race at PIR (Pittsburgh International Raceway).  Was my first time there as well.  If you all haven't taken a look at having a school there please do!!  The track(s) are excellent!!!!  Elevation changes, positive, negative cambers, grass run off versus gravel (like VIR), new smooth pavement.

Plus, its only 4.7 hours from my house :-)

The MotoAmerica riders all gave good praise as well (I drove it about 8 laps in my car, wished I had a bike the whole time.  I have a video I took while scouting track with chief flag marshal if interested,

Dave

Are they keeping the chicane they added between T15 & T16? I think it would be a good permanent change but does need a little refinement. I think a little curbing could resolve the part I saw (from my TV).

1 hour ago, Jaybird180 said:

Are they keeping the chicane they added between T15 & T16? I think it would be a good permanent change but does need a little refinement. I think a little curbing could resolve the part I saw (from my TV).

I worked the chicane Friday and Saturday (and turn 3 Sunday).  It will stay but will be modified and made permanent from what was said.  Whats not evident from TV is its actually blind to riders until then are already in braking zone.  Early Friday it would have been easier for me to call who DID make it versus who didn't.  Friday afternoon they added a few cones to give a reference.  That helped.

I will say by Saturday morning they all (thats why they are pros) had it figured out and dialed in.  There was a couple dicey moments when 4 or more bikes arrived at same time but as I recall only one crash and that was due to a washed out front exiting when they got in the grass.