Ninja 250

• 4 weeks later...

I am thinking of getting a Ninja 250 for the track only, does anyone have information about the

potential mods that can be made to this bike, and how suitable is it for track learning.

Thanks. James

James,

I did a couple of trackdays with my Ninja 250 and the organization that put on the events would not allow riders in the "beginner" group to pass in the corners. What that meant was that I would find a roadblock in every corner of people on machines with way better suspension, tires, and horsepower going very slow. Since I wasn't supposed to pass, I would have to follow them through at a snail's pace, only to have them rocket away from me when the curve ended. When I would get to the next turn I would catch up to them as they slowed WAAAAY down and then I would have to follow them again. What I ended up doing was short shifting on the straights just to give myself an open corner to ride through. Maybe some other organizations don't limit beginners with the "no pass" rule and then the 250 is a good bike to learn on. I spent some money on fork upgrade, rear shock, clip-ons, rear sets, and Muzzy exhaust. I lent my 250 to a very skillful rider (ex AMA) for one trackday and it was amazing to how fast that little thing could be ridden. Hope this helps.

Jon

Thank you Jon for that information I read that the Ninja 250 can do 1.40 at willow, I did notice just by sitting on the bike that the suspension is prety soft, I have a CBR 600RR, but I think I can learn more on the Ninja, also the Ninja is a lot less expensive to fix. a lot of people cannot understand why I am not buying a 1000cc

superbike sinice I ride the 600cc well, but I think i need more practise on the fundamentals.

James.

I am thinking of getting a Ninja 250 for the track only, does anyone have information about the

potential mods that can be made to this bike, and how suitable is it for track learning.

Thanks. James

James,

I did a couple of trackdays with my Ninja 250 and the organization that put on the events would not allow riders in the "beginner" group to pass in the corners. What that meant was that I would find a roadblock in every corner of people on machines with way better suspension, tires, and horsepower going very slow. Since I wasn't supposed to pass, I would have to follow them through at a snail's pace, only to have them rocket away from me when the curve ended. When I would get to the next turn I would catch up to them as they slowed WAAAAY down and then I would have to follow them again. What I ended up doing was short shifting on the straights just to give myself an open corner to ride through. Maybe some other organizations don't limit beginners with the "no pass" rule and then the 250 is a good bike to learn on. I spent some money on fork upgrade, rear shock, clip-ons, rear sets, and Muzzy exhaust. I lent my 250 to a very skillful rider (ex AMA) for one trackday and it was amazing to how fast that little thing could be ridden. Hope this helps.

Jon