Twist of the Wrist II

I just keyed this up on Amazon Prime for yesterday’s evening watch.

I have to openly admit, I noticed things I need to work on. Not by a lot, but need work nonetheless. Looking forward to the upcoming school.

I took level 1 in May, it entirely transformed my view of the ToTW material.   Playing it out on track, with the coaching puts it in context.   I found trying solo practice out of the ToTW 1 and 2 texts led me to overemphasizing things like pivot steering and mixing turning and steering.   Knowing the rules about turnpoints and the throttle ahead of time is helpful but defintely not something to presume you understand vs what the coaches instruct.

I've been riding for well over 10 yrs but found them accomodating to 1st time CSB riders and disciplined wrt track behavior- its OK even if you're slow.   Renting the BMW's and all the gear was great 1st time around.   Next time I'll likely bring my own bike, but probably rent their suit and helmet.

18 hours ago, Graybeard said:

I have to openly admit, I noticed things I need to work on. Not by a lot, but need work nonetheless. Looking forward to the upcoming school.

I think we all experience that! No matter how much road, track or race experience you have, there are always things in the books or in the movie that you see and think, "Yep! I need to work on that!" Of course every time you push past a plateau in riding and get faster/safer/more in control, the techniques apply at a whole new level and you see more things to work on. :) It is a wonderful journey.

18 hours ago, Graybeard said:

The convenience of having A Twist of the Wrist II movie on Prime Video is awesome.  It's great to be able to get it immediately without having to wait for a DVD to ship, but I also find it really convenient that I can watch it from anywhere - I have the DVD but it is at home. Now that I have it on Prime I can bring it up to watch from anywhere, very handy.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2024 at 11:58 PM, gpounce32768 said:

I took level 1 in May, it entirely transformed my view of the ToTW material.   Playing it out on track, with the coaching puts it in context.   I found trying solo practice out of the ToTW 1 and 2 texts led me to overemphasizing things like pivot steering and mixing turning and steering.   Knowing the rules about turnpoints and the throttle ahead of time is helpful but defintely not something to presume you understand vs what the coaches instruct.

I've been riding for well over 10 yrs but found them accomodating to 1st time CSB riders and disciplined wrt track behavior- its OK even if you're slow.   Renting the BMW's and all the gear was great 1st time around.   Next time I'll likely bring my own bike, but probably rent their suit and helmet.

I have been doing this a while and yeah, it’s great to have it immediately accessible, and to actually pick up on the not so polished areas, but for me anyway, I don’t retain it unless I have the opportunity to hear it and immediately apply it in the proper environment. 

This is my first CSS school or any school for that matter, except the school I took 20 years ago to get my race license. 100% still love this sport though!

On 6/28/2024 at 5:11 PM, Hotfoot said:

I think we all experience that! No matter how much road, track or race experience you have, there are always things in the books or in the movie that you see and think, "Yep! I need to work on that!" Of course every time you push past a plateau in riding and get faster/safer/more in control, the techniques apply at a whole new level and you see more things to work on. :) It is a wonderful journey.

I 100% agree with all of that.