What Do You Think

Guest gmicklus

Guest gmicklus

from what I gather riding after a track day is tough I will be doing a 2 day camp in pocono I live in CT about 8hr slab I guess the hotel is 5 mil from pocono raceway

so would you ride or drive if you were me

from what I gather riding after a track day is tough I will be doing a 2 day camp in pocono I live in CT about 8hr slab I guess the hotel is 5 mil from pocono raceway

so would you ride or drive if you were me

The answer really depends on how much you have left after two days of track riding. I have driven back after the end of the second day w/CSS at Mid Ohio (8 hour drive) one day at Nelson Ledges with Team Pro-Motion (7.5 hours) and Beaver Run (7.5 hours) with NESBA and multiple race weekends at Loudon (8 hours) without a problem and each time I was towing a trailer...and I am not a teenager. If you get involved in track riding to any degree, long drives are just part of the price of admission.

That said, no one can answer that question but yourself.

Good Luck at Pocono.

Kevin

Guest Guest_mike isbill_*

I did level 1 and 2 in the consecutively and in the middle of a 2 week motorcycle tour/vacation. I just took a couple extra hours of sleep that next morning and was fine. THe only thing I would caution you about it speeding once back on the road. My sense of speed and lean angle was recalibrated for track riding and it took me a couple days to get it back to street trim.

I did a 2 day at VIR last summer. Chose to drove the Mini down from DC. Glad I did. I was beat. It is one thing to drive the 4-5 hours back in the Mini vs. riding home.

Guys and gals rode their bikes down with longer commutes. They took an extra day off to drive home the day after the 2 day event.

One guy lowsided and hurt his shoulder (not bad) and of course needed to find a way to get the bike home. He could have driven a car home.

I'd drive and stay as fresh as possible for the "learning." You'll need your wits and physical stamina. There is a lot to learn. Drive and save your mind for tough stuff.

Heading down to 'Bama end of May for Lvl 3 and 4 - can't wait. And yes I'm flying.

I did a 2 day at VIR last summer. Chose to drove the Mini down from DC. Glad I did. I was beat. It is one thing to drive the 4-5 hours back in the Mini vs. riding home.

Guys and gals rode their bikes down with longer commutes. They took an extra day off to drive home the day after the 2 day event.

One guy lowsided and hurt his shoulder (not bad) and of course needed to find a way to get the bike home. He could have driven a car home.

I'd drive and stay as fresh as possible for the "learning." You'll need your wits and physical stamina. There is a lot to learn. Drive and save your mind for tough stuff.

Heading down to 'Bama end of May for Lvl 3 and 4 - can't wait. And yes I'm flying.

I agree. I'm commuting 140 miles everyday on my bike, all year long, so I'm used to riding. I too went to VIR last September for two days. It was my first time on a track, it was hot, and I ran out of liquid the first day around 3:00. I sat out the last session of the day because I lost my concentration, which is working really hard at one of these track days. It's like anything else, if you do it a lot, you're more adapted to this kind of riding. But for us newbies and infrequent track day guys, its draining. We took our brides along with us, trailered the bikes, and casually drove home the next day to MD. Stopped at a few wineries on the way home and wandered back to work the next day. My second day went a lot better than the first because I watched my water/food intake closer and really started to feel more comfortable with the whole track experience. I'll be at Pocono May 14 & 15, not on my street bike.....hope to see ya there!!!