Wera Question In Michigan

Hello,

I'm fairly new to the forum and have done all 4 levels, two at Mid- Ohio and just a few weeks ago at Vegas (3 and 4)

Note: to anyone thinking about going GO!! Best thing I have ever done to improve my riding!!!

My question is how do I get started in WERA in Michigan, What is the best thing for me to do, I think I'm ready to start.

Thanks

< http://www.wera.com >

Hey Johnny Mac,

WERA can fill you in with a rulebook and entry forms, but, there's nothing like being there..."up close and personal".

You might attend a round (or two) at Grattan or Gingerman as a spectator.... but, better yet, sign up to cornerwork!

Free gate fee, free lunch, best seats in the house, and....

I can't recommend cornerworking highly enough as a way to gain intimate knowledge of a race course and for networking with folks at the track. Cruise the pits and introduce yourself and your intentions to start racing and you will find an overflowing fountain of friendship and free information at your disposal. Especially dressed in cornerworker's "whites". The investment will be repaid a thousand fold in years *not* spent learning the inside line the hard way and friends to travel with and pick YOU up when you fall.

What's the word...? PRICELESS!

I'm not sure who handles the cornerworking up there these days, but, WERA can certainly hook you up.

Good luck,

Racer

• 2 weeks later...
< http://www.wera.com >

Hey Johnny Mac,

WERA can fill you in with a rulebook and entry forms, but, there's nothing like being there..."up close and personal".

You might attend a round (or two) at Grattan or Gingerman as a spectator.... but, better yet, sign up to cornerwork!

Free gate fee, free lunch, best seats in the house, and....

I can't recommend cornerworking highly enough as a way to gain intimate knowledge of a race course and for networking with folks at the track. Cruise the pits and introduce yourself and your intentions to start racing and you will find an overflowing fountain of friendship and free information at your disposal. Especially dressed in cornerworker's "whites". The investment will be repaid a thousand fold in years *not* spent learning the inside line the hard way and friends to travel with and pick YOU up when you fall.

What's the word...? PRICELESS!

I'm not sure who handles the cornerworking up there these days, but, WERA can certainly hook you up.

Good luck,

Racer

THANK YOU, I will contact them and do just that.

Thank you!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

You are quite welcome, Johnny Mac.

My pleasure.

I'm smiling thinking of all the fun you are about to have embarking on your new adventure...

Please, let me (us) know how it goes.

Cheers,

racer