hi there, i have just booked up level 1 in the hopes that this will dramaticly improve my riding.

i have already done 1 track school that was advised to me by a friend and i can honestly say it was money wasted. although the time on track itself was good i felt that for a school itself taught me nothing.

So my question to you is this, how much can i honestly expect to learn from level 1. i have only been riding for a year and i love it loads and like everyone else i want to get better.

i feel like im leaning at my max, and after speaking to friends who watch me and recorded me i can see im hardly leaning the bike at all. and it feels like im riding on my limit. i get home after my ride and look at my back wheel to see that those inch and a half strips either side of my wheel are still there. dont get me wrong i aint expecting to be rossi or stoner after any level of training but i really want to get drastically better. if level 1 goes well i will for sure book up level 2. i have a gsxr 600 andit still feels like im wasting a bike that was built for so much more than i can ever ride it. i aint the worst rider i have seen but it just feels like everyones abilities are just overtaking mine easily. so could the CSS really change my riding to a degree that i will notice the change. i aint bothered about keeping up with the pack at the moment but knowing that there is hope in sight is a great incentive. so basically will level really benifit me.

thanks

Yes, CSS will change your riding to a degree that you notice.

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest familiarizing yourself with "A Twist of the Wrist" before you do your Level 1 school. In my opinion, you will be that much better prepared to absorb and benefit from the experience.

And, although it seems to be the most obvious or straightforward concrete datum a rider can see, how far you get leaned over or how you compare to another rider is not the best measure of your riding skill or confidence. There are many reasons a street bike riding on the street cannot use every last millimeter of tire or lean angle and more important or meaningful ways to gauge your own progress than comparing yourself to another rider.

The best riders and racers work their own program and the podium is a measure of how well they work their own program.

• 1 month later...
hi there, i have just booked up level 1 in the hopes that this will dramaticly improve my riding.

i have already done 1 track school that was advised to me by a friend and i can honestly say it was money wasted. although the time on track itself was good i felt that for a school itself taught me nothing.

So my question to you is this, how much can i honestly expect to learn from level 1. i have only been riding for a year and i love it loads and like everyone else i want to get better.

i feel like im leaning at my max, and after speaking to friends who watch me and recorded me i can see im hardly leaning the bike at all. and it feels like im riding on my limit. i get home after my ride and look at my back wheel to see that those inch and a half strips either side of my wheel are still there. dont get me wrong i aint expecting to be rossi or stoner after any level of training but i really want to get drastically better. if level 1 goes well i will for sure book up level 2. i have a gsxr 600 andit still feels like im wasting a bike that was built for so much more than i can ever ride it. i aint the worst rider i have seen but it just feels like everyones abilities are just overtaking mine easily. so could the CSS really change my riding to a degree that i will notice the change. i aint bothered about keeping up with the pack at the moment but knowing that there is hope in sight is a great incentive. so basically will level really benifit me.

thanks

I don’t know if you took this class yet, but I will reply your question anyways based on my experience on Saturday. I am able to learn a lot, in fact here are the list

- T.C. Throttle Control - we might think that we all that what a T.C. is, but once I finish the first class, I notice that T.C. is more than just having a smooth corner, but in fact it control every factor of cornering. (speed, stability, line, and traction)

- Turning Point, I am be able to fine the best line for the corner, (you will see how they teach you once you are in the class0

- Once you can turn, how about turn it quick and just get it done! Quick turn help improve my cornering speed, and the exit speed is very fast. This can improve your lap time.

- RELAX!!! I learned that when I turn, I input too much pressure on both bar... and make the bike upset... the solution is to relax. This make my cornering very very fast.

I am able to learn a lot more, like body position. Sometimes I think I know it all, but that I know nothing! :)

Love the class, My coach was Cobie Fair, and he is very good coach.

Thanks,

FarJ

thanks

Hey Mike,

Everyone learns at their own rate. Each of us has his own personal barriers to break through to get to the point where they really feel like they are riding the bike and using its potential. The only thing I can say about our program is that it works for all skill levels of riders. We take the time to go through each of the foundation skills that are needed for improvement to happen. When we brag about the champions we have trained it isn't about the fact they are racers its just to show that even when someone is already fast or smooth or can control a motorcycle, the foundation skills still apply. Pro racers do our school Levels in the same order you will do them.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

How much you get out of it will depend on you and your ability to absorb and practice the drills. There are times when im too buggered to ride constantly hard, but I take it as a good opportunity to practice even though I did level 1 atleast 6 months ago.

Without giving too much detail, you will feel safer riding at your current speed (or even faster) after doing level 1 but let us know how you get on anyway.

Personally, I didnt think I got much out of LVL 1 at first as I used things like turn in points, references etc already but in hindsight, I now use them a different way. In another 6 months, I will probably use them differently as well! Basically I can manipulate them to suit what im doing easily where before, I would have left them fixed