Rider Input - (relax)

farjang

This is from Level I Drill #4 - Rider Input

I am able to improve my riding skill in this drill. When I make a right turn, once I put the pressure on the bar I would relax my outside hand right? (which is my left) so just keep my hand for T.C. and let the bike work and turn. However, I went to work today and one of my friend said that I can relax my inside hand as well

So should I relax my inside hand or our side hand? Let say right turn, relax my left? and put a little pressure on the right bar and keep T.C. input?

Thanks in advance.

Far J. #18 Yellow Oct-13

Level I Student

The idea is to relax BOTH hands once you have the bike turned.

It takes some presure on the bars to get the bike turned of course. But once you get the bike to the lean angle you want you can relax your hands, arms, shoulders, upper body, etc...

The idea is to relax BOTH hands once you have the bike turned.

It takes some presure on the bars to get the bike turned of course. But once you get the bike to the lean angle you want you can relax your hands, arms, shoulders, upper body, etc...

Ahh, cool thanks stuman! I was confuse a bit but now I understand. This is great! I notice that I fight too much with the bars, and now I feel that the bike is soo smooth!

• 2 weeks later...
I used to be able to do this, even to the point of taking my hand off the inside bar but the current geometry of the bike pushes on the inside bar (suspension needs fine tuning)

NICE!... I can only do that on my left turn because I can't let go of my TC, however I be able to go faster on the exit without fighting that much which I did for a very long time. I was fighting with the handle bar because all I am thinking is counter steering and trying to fix the bar, YANK IT...

But now, I feel like I am only using 60% of my riding and be able to feel saft, incontrol, relax and the most important is fun of riding.

Thanks for the reply,

Far J.