I Want To Learn To Ride Superbikes!

I've been riding motorbikes for some years, offroad and superbikes. Doing simple wheelies with scramblers is easy, but I have never learned to wheelie a superbike. I ride a GSXR-1000, and desperately want to learn to wheelie. I'm wiling to pay for proper training.I'm just too scared to drop the bike etc... I'm in Ashford, London. Please advice on where to go for training or help with this

I've been riding motorbikes for some years, offroad and superbikes. Doing simple wheelies with scramblers is easy, but I have never learned to wheelie a superbike. I ride a GSXR-1000, and desperately want to learn to wheelie. I'm wiling to pay for proper training.I'm just too scared to drop the bike etc... I'm in Ashford, London. Please advice on where to go for training or help with this

Hi,

A rather unusual request at the forum of a cornering school, but we'll try all the same. I have to say, it's not anything that's ever even remotely interested me personally, however, I've known many people that have gone to wheelie school, and really enjoyed it.

Try this website. http://www.thewheelieschool.co.uk

I have to say, in my experience, doing wheelies will ultimately end one day in you crashing your bike or damaging it in some way, whether that will be in the short term or long term, I think if you asked almost anyone who's been doing them a long time, and you'll find they've droped one or two along the way. I guess it's a bit like making an omelette, occasionally you break a few eggs..?

When you want to learn to ride superbikes really fast around corners, I hope you'll find we'll be able to help you with that.

Enjoy

Bullet

An important skill to have when you win a race and cross the finish line :)

CF

Perhaps that's it mate. As at the moment, I'm not quite hitting the top step, so I needn't worry. I'll be sure to add it to my repetoire when the day (surely not to far away now), happens. :lol:

Bullet

Isn't the Superbike school associated with a wheelie school, I believe in Las Vegas?

Not for some years. Keith originally invented (with an engineer's help) the devices that were used to train guys to wheelie. Then the school was sold, and it's not up and running any more.

CF

I think in my 12 years of riding I've spent a grand total of 2 minutes trying to wheelie. I realized it won't help me get faster in any way, so I stopped trying. If you're in doubt about whether you want to stunt or race (one's about as expensive as the other), do a trackday. I don't know a single rider who's chosen stunting over the track. Either way good luck, and have fun.