Videos Vs Books

A couple of years ago, I purchased the DVD of A Twist of the Wrist. I had long heard of the books Vol 1 & 2 and thought this to be a great way for me to visualize the lessons. In reading some of the forums, members make references to either Vol1 or 2 or sometimes the "Soft Science" book. Should I still purchase the Twist of the Wrist books or do I have all of the content in my DVD?

A couple of years ago, I purchased the DVD of A Twist of the Wrist. I had long heard of the books Vol 1 & 2 and thought this to be a great way for me to visualize the lessons. In reading some of the forums, members make references to either Vol1 or 2 or sometimes the "Soft Science" book. Should I still purchase the Twist of the Wrist books or do I have all of the content in my DVD?

Hi Jaybird,

The video is excellent, but doesn't have all the info that is in the book, and is based only on Twist 1. Keith doesn't go over the same info twice, unless he has more to add. The Twist 2 book, and the Soft Science book are quite different, and worth having for sure. I've read them, or parts of them, many, many times, and we (the coaches) still use them as references regularly. Nice thing about the books, you can get right to the section you want to review. They are nicely, and clearly written, don't have to be a scientist to read them :)

Best,

Cobie

Chapter 19 of Twist 2 is some of the most illuminating words ever written about riding a motorcycle around a curve. You may have to read it several times, contemplate your navel for a couple of days, and then re-read it again. It's a little heavy concept but once you grasp what Keith is saying in Chapter 19 it's significance rivals the importance of learning counter steering.

I think Keith could teach an entire school or two just around the concept(s) in Chapter 19.

Chapter 19 of Twist 2 is some of the most illuminating words ever written about riding a motorcycle around a curve. You may have to read it several times, contemplate your navel for a couple of days, and then re-read it again. It's a little heavy concept but once you grasp what Keith is saying in Chapter 19 it's significance rivals the importance of learning counter steering.

I think Keith could teach an entire school or two just around the concept(s) in Chapter 19.

Great to hear that! I do review that regularly too :)

C