Just A Howdy

Hi all.

Well, I finally pushed the button on doing a track school and it will be the Mid Ohio 2 day camp on Aug 6 and 7. Can't wait!!

Been riding almost 2 years now and I'm wanting to improve all my skills. Lack of confidence is what I see as my main hinderence right now.

While I'm still a bit of a noob with bikes, I'm no kid at 49.

Right now my steeds are a couple of oldies: an "82 Yami Maxim 750 and an '84 Honda Sabre 700. Both bikes have been good for a beginner like me and I've been learning to do some wrenching as well. I expect to be getting something more modern in the not too distant future, but I really want to feel that I can confidently ride my present bikes a bit closer to their fullest extent...hence: school. I know full well that the kind of bikes we'll be training are light years ahead of my old girls, but the principles should be the same and good habits should work well on any bike. That's the thoery anyway...

Is anyone else here planning on the mid Oh camp?

Tim

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all.

Well, I finally pushed the button on doing a track school and it will be the Mid Ohio 2 day camp on Aug 6 and 7. Can't wait!!

Been riding almost 2 years now and I'm wanting to improve all my skills. Lack of confidence is what I see as my main hinderence right now.

While I'm still a bit of a noob with bikes, I'm no kid at 49.

Right now my steeds are a couple of oldies: an "82 Yami Maxim 750 and an '84 Honda Sabre 700. Both bikes have been good for a beginner like me and I've been learning to do some wrenching as well. I expect to be getting something more modern in the not too distant future, but I really want to feel that I can confidently ride my present bikes a bit closer to their fullest extent...hence: school. I know full well that the kind of bikes we'll be training are light years ahead of my old girls, but the principles should be the same and good habits should work well on any bike. That's the thoery anyway...

Is anyone else here planning on the mid Oh camp?

Tim

Hi Tim,

Well, sorry I missed this until now, but welcome to the forum, and glad you are coming to Mid-Ohio. It really is one of my favorite tracks, there is lots going on there, you won't get bored and 2-day camp is about the ideal way to learn it.

You are 100% right, what we are going to train you on will transfer directly to your bikes, no problem at all. The new bikes work great, and the modern 600's are a terrifica package and balance, they just do everything well.

I'll be there, come and say hello when you arrive.

Best,

Cobie Fair

Chief Riding Coach