Solid Mounted Footpegs Vs. Folding Pegs

I'd like the hear the pros and cons on this subject. I sure do like the feed back I get from solid mounted pegs but when you put one down it can be bad news.

If they are solid mounted, usually up and out of the way--have you touched them down, and if so on what bike?

Last bike I rode with solid pegs, loved the grip and positiveness of moving around. Sometimes with the folding pegs, I've had the peg follow my foot as I took it off or moved--a little disconcerting.

Cobie

Haven't touched my solid mounted pegs on my Duke II (I have some Woodcraft rear sets for an R1 that I modified to fit). I'm getting ready to install solid mounted pegs on my VFR because I like the "connected" feel so much. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something.

On the VFR, not sure how high those are, seems more likely you could touch those down, might want to find the limit gently :)

C

Haven't touched my solid mounted pegs on my Duke II (I have some Woodcraft rear sets for an R1 that I modified to fit). I'm getting ready to install solid mounted pegs on my VFR because I like the "connected" feel so much. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something.

On the VFR, not sure how high those are, seems more likely you could touch those down, might want to find the limit gently :)

C

I agree 100%.